This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Most Interesting Band Bio: Ween

Dean Ween: Born right into the 70’s, Ween (birth name Mickey Melchiondo), developed his music taste through listening from everything from The Beatles to Prince. Interesting enough he and his partner did not see eye to eye at first in junior high but became successful through their mutual love of music. A Personal quote from the band: “We’re trying to entertain ourselves. That’s it. And we don’t really care so much about other people…[if] you’re being honest, then it just transcends all that and people will dig it.”

“Push th’ Little Daisies,” their first single to make it on the top ten charts

A Great Band with Ties to Modest Mouse: Mimicking Birds
“Walking in the Air”-Mimicking Birds; For any Modest Mouse fans you might already be familiar considering their first hit was recorded in Modest Mouse front man Isaac Brock’s home studio.

Music video of the week: Blockhead
“The Music Scene”-Blockhead; the symbolism in this music video is phenomenal.

Best Song to Listen to while Getting Ready: 2AM Club
“Every Evening (remix) ft. Chiddy Bang”-2AM Club

An Upcoming Show:
Perpetual Groove-Moon Taxi
Sky Bar, Thursday January 26th
To buy tickets ahead of time

Summer is a currently a senior student at Auburn University. As a journalism major she actively enjoys writing and is the co-founder and current Editor-in-Chief of the Her Campus branch at Auburn, as well as a writer for the Greek newspaper The Odyssey. In addition, Summer is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta, PRSSA and the Society of Professional Journalists. Summer loves fashion and enjoys blogging about her personal style.