Be Prepared for Anything with HC’s All Day Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Our good friends at Her Campus HQ have outdone themselves again with our Back to School Survival Kits this semester. They gave us everything we need to create a perfect look for class, dinner or going out. I used NYC City Proof 24HR Waterproof eye shadow and primer to create a makeup look that is pretty and long lasting, and paired the makeup with TRESemmé’s Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray and Perfectly (un)Done Wave creation Sea Foam.

First, I start with the TRESemmé’s Perfectly (un)Done Wave creation Sea Foam.

Scrunch about half a pump throughout the bottom of your hair.

Let the foam dry and then style your hair with a curling wand. To create loose waves, only apply heat for less that 10 seconds. Point the wand downward and continuously move your hair while you use the wand.

Let your hair cool down and then shake the waves out with your fingers

Now spray the TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray to hold the waves in all day.

Now on to the makeup:

I start with NYC Color City Proof 24HR Eye Primer. Using a primer will ensure your makeup stays on longer and the pigments will show up brighter.

Next, I apply NYC Color 24HR Waterproof eye shadow in Central Park Tulip (#640). This chubby eye shadow stick glides on super easy, so only a few coats are needed. I chose purple because it makes my green eyes pop. 

I applied the shadow all over my lid.

The colors are so pigmented that I don’t even feel the need for liner or other shades. So I simply add mascara.

And there you have it! An easy, long lasting look thanks to Her Campus, TRESemmé and NYC Color. I am ready to take on whatever the world throws at me!

Nicole is a senior at Auburn University majoring in journalism with a minor in marketing. She is a Campus Corespondent (CC) for Auburn's chapter. She enjoys long walks to class, fine wines and cheeses and spending time with her cat. Nicole can most likely be found at a music festival or in her bed. There are no inbetweens.