The Auburn Stop of the HC Tour was a Huge Success: See What You Missed!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

The day started with the unloading of a giant tour bus. Starting at 9, dedicated Her Campus staff members unloaded and set up the tents for the biggest event of the year for Her Campus Auburn —the Her Campus Tour.

Located on the Green Space, the HC Tour was a big party. From the Tinder super-sized Jenga, to the Micro Kickboard give away, the Camelbak hydration station, offers from Monthly Gift, and ASOS cake pops, the event was filled with excitement and plenty of free stuff.

Auburn’s Her Campus chapter prepared for the tour with the help of HC Nationals and proved that it has the ability to excite Auburn’s campus.

HC Nationals tours the South every spring, and Auburn was one of the six campuses chosen this year. The other schools on the tour, happening through the 19th, are Texas A&M, University of Houston, Georgia State University, Florida State University and University of Florida. 

After learning that Auburn would be on the tour, Her Campus Auburn began to prepare to wow Auburn with fun activities, free goodies, and promos to get more women on campus involved with Her Campus.

People played lawn games, while others took pictures using the Tinder #Swiperight hashtag, where there were also goodies like EOS lip balm and cake pops. Camelbak gave away awesome water bottles to a limited few while also promoting hydration.

Micro Kickboard’s give away generated great excitement for those who won scooters by spinning a wheel, and Her Campus Auburn gave away goodie bags to those who liked the HC Auburn Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram page. The goodie bags were filled with smart snacks like SmartPop and Kind bars; Covergirl make up; a box of feminine products for that time of the month from Monthly Gift; and Pure Silk shaving cream, saving girls from that special trip to the store.

Overall, the event was successful, generating higher interest on campus for Her Campus, and informing many students who didn’t know about the organization and its tenant of journalism dedicated to college women. With the help of the visiting Her Campus nationals team, Auburn’s 25 Her Campus members created a fun, funny, and fantastic day for all of Auburn’s students. 

Hannah an English Literature major at Auburn University.