Artists on the Rise in 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

While your favorite songs of 2012 probably made an appearance on your New Year’s Eve party playlist, new artists will be making a name for themselves in 2013. Artists everywhere are hoping to tear through the radio waves this year and become the next big star. If they take enough notes from recent breakout stars like fun. and Ed Sheeran, we think these four artists are poised for a great year in music.

1. Ryan Beatty
Ryan Beatty first showed off his musical talents by performing songs from his favorite artists on YouTube taking the same path as Justin Bieber. His skills quickly caught the eye of heavyweights in the music industry and Beatty released his first single “Every Little Thing” back in 2011. Bieber even performed the song at his concert proving that sometimes things come full circle. Beatty has a sound that is fun and perfect for the recent rise in pop music. His full-length album due out this year will surely make him a household name.

“Hey LA” – Ryan Beatty

2. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
The hip-hop duo known as Macklemore and Ryan Lewis is refreshing in a world where multiple pop artists dominate radio airplay. Hailing from Seattle, Macklemore and Lewis push the envelope with their lyrics and confront cultural issues that many musicians would never even think about emphasizing in their music. Their song “Thrift Shop” gained popularity last year and has hit more than a million downloads. “Same Love” seems to also be on its way to being another favorite by the duo who produces both thought-provoking and unique songs complete with an urban hip-hop vibe.

“Same Love” – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

3. Carly Rose Sonenclar
Whether you watched The X Factor this past season or not, you’ve probably heard of contestant Carly Rose Sonenclar. The 13-year-old wowed audiences this season with her take on songs from female powerhouses like Adele and Celine Dion. Simon Cowell even gave her a standing ovation after one of her performances. While Sonenclar was the runner-up on the show, she will surely be a winner in 2013 with her killer voice and a charm about her that is sure to win your heart.

“My Heart Will Go On” (as made famous by Celine Dion) – Carly Rose Sonenclar

4. Bonaventure

Bonaventure takes a little country mixes it with southern rock and adds a dash of soul to complete their sound. Both members of the Nashville duo were members of other bands in the past, but have begun a new project with Bonaventure that they hope will shine light on their songwriting talents and musical skills. They released their EP “Come Hell or High Water” independently last year and have gained a large fan base through social media and touring. Their southern charm and genuine lyrics will definitely help them break out in 2013.

“These Shoes” – Bonaventure

Taylor loves The Beatles, River Phoenix movies and vinyl records. She can usually be found dancing at a concert or discussing how she was born in the wrong decade.