This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Starting fresh and creating a better lifestyle for yourself can be so hard, trust me, I know. There are many reason behind doing so, such as a bad breakup, need for new friends, a big move or even just because you want to. All of these reasons applied to me and I found myself in such a bad place in my life. Luckily, I was able to find ways to reboot my life and find my happiness again. #goodvibesonly

Let go of the bad people in your life

If there are people in your life that constantly put you down, make you feel jealous, or act fake towards you, CUT THEM LOOSE. We don’t have time for haters (#nothanks)! Letting go of all the bad vibes around you is crucial to a fresh start. Anyone who doesn’t strive to help you better yourself and only brings you down should be banished to the dark abyss of broken friendship.

Take a social media cleanse

One thing that can always bring negativity into your life is social media. Seeing all these people that look like they have everything put together while you’re at home eating Oreos and binge watching Netflix usually isn’t the most confidence-boosting thing. Taking a long break from social media can be extremely beneficial in working on yourself and creating a better life. This could last a week, a month, or even a year depending on how good you are at staying out of the loop. Spending more time making memories and less time focusing on the number of likes you can get on a picture of your pup can be a great start on your lifestyle transformation.

Surround yourself with good people

When it comes to creating a better life for yourself, finding great friends that support that is crucial. Maybe if you’re trying to lose weight or work on your body in general, find a workout buddy that is a determined as you are. Maybe if you’re working on a better GPA, find a friend that holds you accountable and studies with you. There are many friends you can find that want to achieve the same thing as you. After you relieve yourself of the negative people in your life and focus on you, people will come into your life and help you continue to focus on you.

Create better habits

Better habits could be anything. Stretching before bed, exercising three days a week or even just reading once a day can all benefit you in a life reboot. Adding healthy habits or simply habits that will benefit you in the long run can be great in starting over.

Set realistic goals

This can be one of the hardest steps when it comes to this transition. Setting goals isn’t difficult, but setting realistic ones can be. For example, I told myself I’m going to eat healthier and work out everyday. This is a nice goal, but a better, more realistic one would be working out at least 3 times a week and cooking meals that consist of a certain amount of vegetables. Don’t make your goals so broad or you won’t complete them. Take it little by little, and they will be more realistic and you will eventually get to where you want to be, regardless of what your goal might be.

Sierra is a sophomore majoring in Biomedical Science with a concentration in Pre-Physical Therapy. She wants to go to chiropractic school after she is done with undergrad. She's very focused on her studies, but when she has some free time, she loves to binge watch Netflix shows, hangout with friends, and go to school sporting events to cheer on her favorite team. War Eagle!