This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

When it comes to having down time, I like to spend mine reading. From thrillers to romance, here are some YA novels worth spending your downtime on.

Here Lies Daniel Tate by Cristin Terrill

Let me tell you, this book took me on a journey. Following a street-savvy runaway that conned his way into a well-off family whose son, Daniel Tate, went missing six years ago, the resurfacing of “Daniel Tate” causes skeletons in the closet to rise from the dead. This novel follows “Daniel” as he uncovers more than one family secret.

The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

A heart arching romance that will make you laugh and cry in the same instance. After the sudden death of Lennie’s sister, Bailey, her life is turned upside down. She finds herself torn between two boys: Bailey’s boyfriend, Toby, who understands her grief and Joe, a new boy in town with so much life and musical passion inside of him. Follow Lennie as she makes mistakes and finds love.

More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera

I felt a lot of things while reading this book. After a family tragedy, sixteen-year-old Aaron Soto struggles to find happiness. With his girlfriend Genevieve by his side, he is able to slowly come to remember what happiness once was. It’s only when Thomas, his new best friend, enters his life that he starts to open up about his past and moving past his struggles. Once Aaron and Thomas start getting closer, Aaron begins questioning everything he knew. His struggling search for his identity and happiness leads him to a memory-altering procedure.

Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone

This book deals with mental illness and daily life struggles. Samantha McAllister runs with the popular crowd of girls in her junior year, but with her Purely-Obsessional OCD, she’s consumed by worry and dark thoughts, ones that she feels her friends will never understand. Soon Sam meets Caroline who defies all odds by having a refreshing sense of humor and not passing judgment. Caroline brings Sam to Poet’s Corner, a hidden room for a group of misfits. While drawn to this group of misfits, Sam is especially fond of a certain guitar player. Sam finds herself discovering her new “normal.”

The Third Twin by C.J. Omololu

A mystery and thriller that shook me to my core. Lexi and Ava, identical twins. When they were younger the twins made up a third sister who they used to take the blame for minuscule things. Now in their senior year of high school, the girls use Alicia as a cover story for when they want to go out with boys who are not boyfriend material, so they almost become as fictional as Alicia is. Then one of the guys Alicia went out with turns up dead and all the evidence points to Alicia. It’s up to Lexi to uncover the truth, meaning either Ava is a killer or their fictional sister is real.

These books will rock your world, I promise.

Christina is a pre-graphic design major at Auburn University.