5 Easy Meals to Help Start Your Semester Off Right

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

1.) Chia Pudding

I know this seems daunting because anything that takes just 5 more minutes of effort in the kitchen means heck no to most college girls on the run, but hear me out. You need this chocolate chia pudding in your life believe me! Make a couple of these the night before and they will be waiting for you in your fridge the next morning when you wake up ten minutes before your 8AM. 

Ingredients: 2 tbsp chia seeds, 1/4 cup water, 1 tbsp cacao powder, 1 tbsp maple syrup *this sits over night in the fridge in any container *top it with anything and everything you want (ex: fruit, nut butters, nuts)

2.) Pasta

Honestly enough said. Pasta is a cure-all some days. Add some spinach and chicken if you’re feeling fancy… the world is your oyster! This recipe teaches you to make your own 5-ingredient butter tomato sauce!

3.) Banana Boats

Say hello to your new favorite dessert & snack all in one!

Cut your banana down the middle and fill it with any toppings you want (nut butters, chocolate chips/cacao nibs, cinnamon, maple syrup etc.). *Preheat the oven to 350, wrap your banana in foil & turn on an episode of FRIENDS. *After 20-25 minutes your banana boat will be ready to eat! 

4.) Avocado Toast

Avocado toast is an oldie but such a goodie. Spice it up with the seasoning of your choice or lemon juice and call it a day! This Delish article gives you nine recipes to keep it interesting and yummy: classic, tex mex, buffalo, egg, B.A.T, berry, pesto, everything and Greek.

5.) Salad

The days of eating boring salads are gone my friend! Load your bowl with lots of veggies, fruits and nuts to fuel your body right. If you aren’t a salad girl, replace the lettuce with rice and make your own bowl. The possibilities are endless! This recipe for a couscous salad with cranberries and roasted butternut squash is perfect for the upcoming fall weather.

Claire is a sophomore from Winter Park, FL studying Pre-Dietetics at Auburn University.
Cathlene is a senior studying journalism and women's studies at Auburn University. She has been a part of Her Campus Auburn for three years and is in her first year as Campus Correspondent. When she isn't studying and working on Her Campus, she enjoys baking desserts, reading young adult fiction and watching Netflix (mainly Friends, The Office and The Great British Baking Show). Some of her favorite things include Disney, desserts and fluffy animals to cuddle. Cathlene aspires to write for a magazine once she graduates and hopefully move back to Los Angeles.