yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

5 Concerts You Need To See This Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Its officially October! As the weather gets cooler, different bands start their fall tours. I am probably the biggest music lover/concert goer I know. Since school has started, however, it’s a little hard to plan a two hour drive to a venue when you have an 8 a.m. the next day. But for those who do have the time, I’ve made a list of 5 MUST SEE bands and artists that are playing this month in Birmingham and Atlanta.

1.LANY

When: Friday, October 6

Where: Atlanta, Buckhead Theatre

Why: LANY’s music makes me want to drive around California at night with my group of angsty teen friends. Just listen to them, you’ll understand. Also, their concert visuals are SUPER aesthetically pleasing.

Song to listen to: ILYSB

2. Harry Styles

When: Sunday, October 8

Where: Atlanta, Coca-Cola Roxy

Why: This pick may be biased considering I’ve loved this man since I was 13, but seriously, Harry’s new album is amazing. It gives off major 70s alt-rock vibes and I LOVE IT. He also has the best tour outfits I’ve ever seen. Gucci really fits him.

Song to listen to: Woman

3. The xx

When: Tuesday, October 17

Where: Atlanta, Coca-Cola Roxy

Why: I remember listening to this band in 2012 and thinking I was “hip” and “cool” for listening to an artist that no one else knew. They released their first album since then and it still gives me the same vibes in the best way possible. Their songs are ALSO perfect for nighttime car rides.

Song to listen to: On Hold

4. Kings of Leon

When: Monday, October 23

Where: Birmingham, Tuscaloosa Amphitheater

Why: KoL is one of my favorite bands, and they should be yours too. They have that country feel without being “honky tonk” country, ya know? I find myself listening to them in the fall a lot. I don’t really have anything else to say about them, besides the fact that their music makes me happy.

Song to listen to: Over

5. Aminé

When: Tuesday, October 31

Where: Atlanta, The Masquerade

Why: This is a change in genre, but I love really chill rap music. I would listen to this music (again) in the car at night. I just really love night driving.

Song to listen to: Turf

Sarrah Shew is a pre-graphic design major at Auburn University.