This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Carrie Bradshaw, the woman who encompassed New York in the ‘90s and early 2000s. I have recently become an avid binge watcher of Sex and the City on HBO GO (which is free on campus BTW). I have been inspired by all of the relatable themes and quotes, even though I am not writing my own column, living in New York with my three best friends and drinking Cosmos every afternoon… yet. These are my favorite  four quotes from Carrie Bradshaw that I’m sure will give you some much needed motivation.

“Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe, you have to let go of who you were to become who you will be.”

Don’t let your past define you. College is a fresh start. Step out of your comfort zone and try new things, meet new people and have fun. This is the perfect time to find yourself. Do things you love and drop your anchor in new waters. You never know what you could miss out on if you are too afraid to let go and be yourself.

“As we drive along this road called life, occasionally a gal will find herself a little lost. And when that happens, I guess she has to let go of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, buckle up and just keep going.”

Everyone has experienced that familiar feeling of being lost. Whether figuratively lost, like trying to figure out what you want to do with the rest of your life, or literally lost, like getting turned around in Haley (which happens to me at least once a day). We have all been there, especially now in our college years. The most important thing to remember whenever you feel lost, according to Carrie Bradshaw, is to keep going. Eventually you will figure it out, look back on all of those times, and wonder why you ever doubted yourself to begin with.

“They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.”

“It’s not about where you’re going, it’s about who you’re with.” Yeah, that is spot on. Don’t let yourself get caught up in the craziness that is college. Yes, you will get stressed, and yes, you will feel lonely sometimes, but when you find your tribe, stay close by. Friends are vital in this crazy world, a few good ones are worth more than silver and gold.

“Sometimes we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, and just see what happens.”

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans. Don’t miss it. Let go sometimes and enjoy the ride. Not everything will go perfect all of the time, but those detours could take you down some pretty cool backroads. Be present, and make it count.