3 Raunchy Shows You Should Be Watching

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Yes, these shows are on Netflix! As much as I love HIMYM and Gilmore Girls, sometimes I want a show with a little more edge. These vulgar shows contain nudity, drugs, sex, and people you love to hate. You have been warned!

1. Californication

Hank Moody, washed-up Californian author, watches his former paramour re-marry and copes with a severe case of writer’s block. A new sexual partner punches him in the face mid-coitus and subsequently attempts to ruin his life. His rebellious young daughter (the only worthwhile person on this show) traverses her father’s many shortcomings with humor and grace. Every person in Californication is an absolute train wreck, but that is why it is so interesting to watch.

2. Weeds

Nancy, Nancy, Nancy… Whether you love Nancy Botwin or hate her in the beginning of this series, you will eventually hate her. The fresh widow decides to support her family’s lifestyle by being a small scale pot dealer. Her loveable brother-in-law Andy comes to her aid and causes more trouble than anticipated. Nancy’s empire is built up and torn down more times than is feasible, but she always comes out on top. Just when you think Nancy’s antics will catch up to her, she outmaneuvers everyone at the last second. No matter how much you despise her, you kind of want her to succeed.

3.  Orange is the New Black

A blonde yuppie named Piper lands in prison for a crime she committed ten years ago. Two years shy of the statute of limitations, Piper surrenders herself to prison. Piper is a bit of a self-centered snob, but the harsh realities of prison help her realize how awful her fiancé Larry truly is. Piper slowly realizes that there is more to the planet Earth than her own privileged circumstances. The numerous lesbian sex scenes are exactly as rumored, but there is more to this series than gratuitous T&A. The real gem of this show is strong character development and backstories that will melt your heart.

[GIF 1]

[GIF 2]

[GIF 3]

Hi everyone! I'm a Junior at Auburn University majoring in Biomedical Sciences (Pre-Pharm).