14 Unique Valentine’s Dates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

Whether it’s with your significant other or with your besties, have a fun and creative Valentine’s Day

1. Go see live music

Yes, the bars have live music, but for a more intimate setting check out downtown Opelika.

2. Take a painting class

Spirited Art Auburn will provide you with everything you need to have a fun night of painting. Save $10 when you go as a couple.

3. Read together

Get cozy and do some non-school related reading. Bonus point if you read to each other.

4. Bake Together

Go through recipes together and put on your aprons!

Click the pic for a list of 92 desserts from Southern Living.

5. Roller skate

Head to The Skate Center and take a roll around the rink for only $5. It’s the perfect way to spend your time before dinner since it closes at 5 p.m.

6. Go to a basketball game

The AU women’s basketball team will play Florida at 1 p.m. at the arena on V-day.

7. Lip sync battle

Challenge each other to a sing-off. Mix it up by choosing what the other will sing.

8. Movie marathon

Pick a franchise, a genre, or just a few film favorites, make some popcorn, and cuddle up on the couch.

9. Day trip

Get in the car and go somewhere new. It doesn’t have to be far, and you can use Roadtripper to find unique destinations.

10. Sunrise or sunset watching

If you have the willpower to make yourself stay up all night, pull an all nighter on Saturday, bundle up and wait for the sunrise. Otherwise, sunsets can be just as lovely.

11. Make a pizza

You can buy premade crust, sauce and cheese from any grocery store and can add whatever toppings you like from there.

12. Find a new hobby

If you don’t have any hobbies that you both like, finding a new one can be lots of fun. If you need ideas try this site.

13. Recreate your childhood

Dress up in your best 90’s garb, marathon The Wild Thornberrys and do the macarena. Spend the night doing things together that take you back in time.

14. Indoor camping

Put together your best blanket fort and get all the stuff to make s’mores together. For the campfire vibes, find fireplace videos on Netflix to play in the background.

Sarah is currently a junior at Auburn University majoring in Graphic Design. She is in love with container gardening, music festivals, sunshine, and record stores. Some of her talents include getting hooked on tv shows with too many episodes and practicing amazing self control when it comes to online shopping. Her future aspirations include moving back to her hometown of Atlanta after graduating to pursue a career as a designer. Find her on instagram @saranspluey