10 Holiday Movies to De-Stress with After Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Auburn chapter.

It’s almost the end of the semester and the holiday season is ringing in the air. All the stress surrounding finals is about to be over! So, to celebrate the end of the semester and ring in the holidays, here are 10 classic films to relax with and ring in the festive season!

1. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989)

“Nobody’s walking out on this fun, old-fashioned family Christmas. No, no. We’re all in this together. This is a full-blown, four-alarm holiday emergency here.”

Watch it on: YouTube, Amazon Prime Video

2. Jingle All The Way (1996)

“Jingle Bells, Batman smells.”

3. A Christmas Story (1983)

“Are you kidding? Stick my tongue to that stupid pole? That’s dumb!”

4. Home Alone (1990)

“KEVIN!”

5. Gremlins (1984)

“Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?”

Watch it on: Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video

6. Elf (2003)

“SANTA! OH MY GOD! SANTA’S COMING! I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM!”

7. The Santa Clause (1994)

“Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! And when I wake up, I’m getting a CAT scan!”

8. The Polar Express (2004)

“Where are we going? Why to the North Pole of course! THIS IS THE POLAR EXPRESS!”

9. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer (1964)

“Sh-sh-sh-shiny? I’d even say it glows.”

Watch it on: various TV stations for the next month

10. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000)

“It’s because I’m green, isn’t it?!”

Watch it on: Netflix and Amazon Prime Video

Have fun with these classic Christmas movies (yes, Gremlins is considered a Christmas movie) and good luck on finals, guys!

Tatianna Eaves is a senior at Auburn University studying Media Studies with a minor in Theatre. An Auburn native, Tatianna enjoys college football, photography and obscure Netflix movies. She aspires to be a screenwriter and producer, if she can just make it through college. Instagram: @tatianna_e24
Cathlene is a senior studying journalism and women's studies at Auburn University. She has been a part of Her Campus Auburn for three years and is in her first year as Campus Correspondent. When she isn't studying and working on Her Campus, she enjoys baking desserts, reading young adult fiction and watching Netflix (mainly Friends, The Office and The Great British Baking Show). Some of her favorite things include Disney, desserts and fluffy animals to cuddle. Cathlene aspires to write for a magazine once she graduates and hopefully move back to Los Angeles.