Why getting Labor Day Weekend off is the best and the worst

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Ah Labor Day, this is what we needed because classes just started and we already want a break. It’s a godsend, but it also really, really bites. Ok, I know it sounds crazy, but hear me out.

Why this weekend was awesome:

“We just started school and we already get a break?! Yes!!”

“Look at all the time I have to do my homework!”

“All of my heavy classes are Monday and Wednesday, so I get to miss one this week!”

You made awesome plans and are going to have a blast!

Why it really, really sucked:

“Hey do you wanna do something for Labor Day?” “Oh, actually I’m going home this weekend.”

“Oh God, we don’t get another break until Fall Break.”

Teacher: “Oh and you have homework to submit Monday so don’t forget.”

You blew off your homework until Monday night.

Or, you started out with a plan to do your homework, but it ended up failing miserably.

No food, no food anywhere.

If you stayed on campus, all your friends went home and there is no one to hang out with except for the people in your hall you never talk to.

And when class rolls around again: “So how many of you actually did your homework this weekend instead of-“

We all really enjoyed the break we didn’t need, believe me, but now we have to buckle up for the long stretch to Fall Break so we can go through this all again.

Who Am I? I am a woman that God made, sustains, and loves. I am a woman stumbling in the darkness of this world, blinded by my anxiety and fear. I am tripping over flat ground and running into walls society has built for me because I am an introvert who needs to come out of the shell I feel perfectly fine in. I am a college student alone in a state I am unfamiliar with, thrown into this strange world of responsibility without my parents to guide me. I am a child, wide eyed and innocent, constantly asking the same questions over and over because my mind doesn't understand. I am Veronica, a woman in love with her God and the red rocks of the deserts and the mountain air he created.
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.