This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

It is so important to surround yourself with people who empower you. In the midst of this pandemic however, surrounding yourself with people isn’t the safest idea. Your hype-girls can no longer shower you with compliments while you’re getting dressed, and nowadays they’re nowhere to be found when your body image falters (thanks quarantine-diet). Don’t worry though, all hope is not lost! Social media has provided everyone with a great tool to attain that empowerment virtually. The following ladies are bound to brighten your feed with their empowering words, and authentic posts.

Gabrielle Union-Wade

Aside from the fact that this woman is an absolute queen, she also makes an effort to highlight the many outstanding women of today. She posts a weekly #WomanCrushWednesday gram, which features many beauties including one of the latest elected senators, Sarah Mcbride. Mcbride is the first transgender person to be elected as a United States  Senator, and Union-Wade’s posts emphasizing her accomplishments are well-deserved. Not only is Gabrielle Union-Wade’s page a great place to witness the powerful woman that she is, it also is a fantastic platform that brings attention to other powerful women as well. A must follow!

America Ferrera

When this beauty is not acting in a hit T.V. series, she’s using her voice to empower the Latinx community. You’ll find her page filled with advocacy for equity and  awareness, as well as  election-related updates. She is a voice for her community, and a shining example of a woman who empowers others. She offers commitment and motivation to Latinx communities across the board. Ferrera is the definition of an activist who will stop at nothing to achieve justice and equality for those within and outside her community. 

Kerry Washington

While she may have been the president’s love affair in my all-time favorite show (tune-in to Scandal if you haven’t already), in the real world she is living her best life. Not only is she drop dead gorgeous, but she is also an active feministadvocate of racial justice. Her feed is full of empowering images, quotes, and opportunities to enable others to do better. She is constantly working on a new project, and her latest is her own production company: Simpson Street. She is a superhero, through and through. Follow her if you want to be motivated and empowered to use your own voice. 

Kate Hudson

This body positive lady is guaranteed to brighten your day. She posts real, raw images of her everyday life. No makeup? She’s got it. Candid body photos? All over her page. She envelopes full acceptance of herself, and urges all ladies to do so. I promise you will not regret following her Insta–she might even inspire you to be a little more honest on your socials.

Madison Andrade is a senior studying Political Science at Arizona State University. Her favorite pastimes are reading, playing piano and rough-housing with her Great Dane puppies! She aspires to make a positive change in one person's life, every day. If you have any questions for Madison, feel free to email her at: maandra3@asu.edu.