This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Lizzo is easily one of the most influential celebrities right now. Especially  when you’re walking down the street and someone with  headphones in yells, “You could’a had a bad bitch!”. You definitely know hat they are going through something at the moment. Lizzo has so many great songs  and it’s no secret that everyone can relate to them in some way. Here are a few worth mentioning:

Body Positivity

Lizzo is the poster child for embracing who you are and all of the beauty you embody. She uses lyrics that describe who she is and what she looks like. However, in recent interviews, Jillian Michaels commented about Lizzo’s weight saying, “Why aren’t we celebrating her music? ‘Cause it isn’t gonna to be awesome if she gets diabetes. I’m just being honest.” Jillian later said that she wasn’t fat shaming Lizzo but simply looking out for her health. Lizzo who recently took a break from social media due to the weight comments responded elegantly with, “This is my life. I have done nothing wrong. I forgive myself for thinking I was wrong in the first place. I deserve to be happy.” In my opinion, beauty comes in all different sizes, no matter who you are or what you look like. 

Female Empowerment Anthems

I don’t think I’ve ever been more motivated to finish the last mile of my workout until  “Truth Hurts” comes on. Not to mention a little morning motivation with “Good as Hell” before that coffee kicks in. Lizzo writes  songs that make people feel good which is why Lizzo is amazing. If there is an emotion that needs some healing, Lizzo has a song to fit that emotion whether it’s pain, happiness, heartbreak or sadness. 

Entertaining Performances 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32W9rrUrG-w

Last but not least, Lizzo knows how to put on a show. One of her best performances was at the 2019 BET Awards when the crowd was quiet  and she started twerking and playing the flute at the same time. The once quiet crowd was suddenly energetic and applauding. I feel like that was the moment that I realized Lizzo has more than just great lyrics and dance moves, she was a super star in the making. Only an artist with talent can pull that off. I have since followed all of her performances on talk shows, award shows and YouTube videos. Lizzo never ceases to amaze me with the bag of tricks that she carries around. 

Lizzo is goals for many reasons but with her empowering anthems, supporting body positivity and entertaining performances, there is no way that a fan cannot smile after hearing her songs or seeing her show. Which is why I am a Lizzo fan and supporter for life.

She is a student at Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communications. She is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Digital Audiences. So, you can find her researching the latest trends, following a good hot topics story or jamming out to the latest pop song on Spotify so she knows what's hot and what's not. Her style could be considered androgynous but classy at the same time. Some of her hobbies include graphic design and behind the scenes video production. In her free time, you can find her reading a good book while cuddling with her cat or taking pictures with her camera while walking around the city.