Three questions soon-to-be college grads are asking themselves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

1. What could be better than college?

These past four (or more) years have been amazing, and as cheesy as it sounds, you might have “found yourself.” How could the outside world possibly compare to living with all our best friends just walking distance away, surrounding restaurants that are open 24 hours, or spending every Thursday night at The Vine, discussing the your week over a plate of hot wings and a cold beer? While it might seem like there’s no way the future can compare to the present, remember that Mom was right when she told you that the friends you meet in college will be your friends for life, so really, you will have lots more time to make some more great memories, and no one is forcing you to give up the occasional night on Mill just yet.

2. All my friends are moving across the country for new jobs, what am I going to do without my roommate/ sorority sister/ best friend/ closest confidant?

It’s harder than ever to lose track of someone now. With Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and all other social media apps, and all of those still yet to come, you have to try to actually fall out of touch with someone. If you’re feeling alone, your best girl is only a text message or a Skype call away, so use these to your advantage. My dad and his college buddies, who live all across the country, make it a point to visit one another in a big group every spring. By starting a tradition like that, you always know when you will see your ladies again. And in the meantime, keep them updated on life back in the college town, or in your new city.

3. Now what?

We are graduating into one of the most volatile job markets in recent history, and many soon-to-be graduates are still not sure about a career path, or are stuck in a revolving door of job applications.  It’s easy to lose track of yourself and your pride when trying to describe all of your marketable skills on a piece of paper. It’s important to remember that all the work you did in college helped prepare you for this moment, and even a few weeks or months of instability isn’t the end of the world. It’s hard to wrap your mind around the idea that your time in institutionalized education is ending, because it’s all you’ve ever known since you were 5. But all good things must come to an end.

Corina is a current junior at Arizona State University, studying Journalism and Human Communication. She enjoys writing, sports, reading, and spending time with her lionhead rabbit, Dusty.
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.