This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Alright Besties, last week we got to attend a charity fashion show! Yes, a fashion show. It was hosted by the amazing The Chic Daily and Luxe and The City. They are an ASU fashion journalism club on campus. The show surpassed all of my expectations and I can not be more proud.

This event was for charity and they raised over $2,000 !!! How insane is that? All the proceeds went to the nonprofit organization, F.A.B.R.I.C (located in Tempe, Arizona).

The “Chic in the City” show was the first major event since the pandemic and the first of many more to come. It was an incredible feeling to be in a room with amazing journalists, designers, models, and fashion lovers.

The show itself had many different local designs and their inspired lines of major cities: London, Seattle, New York, and Paris.

Each stylist was given the task of making looks that they felt embodied each of their chosen cities and let me just say, they did not disappoint. With every stylist putting their own twist on the city-like aesthetics, attendees truly got to see their personal preferences shine through. Whether the look was ‘soft girl Parisian chic’ or an ‘industrial modern New York streetwear’ look. This fashion show gave the opportunity to connect and appreciate the styles presented.

Along with the incredible fashion being presented, there was also a musical performance by singer-songwriters Maddie Earl and Miles Kruse. Their voices were absolutely beautiful and created an atmosphere that completely transported the audience. I can definitely say that they gained some new fans that night with their set of originals and covers.

Without a doubt, if you are looking for a creative outlet and thrive in artistic environments, I recommend looking into the future events that F.A.B.R.I.C plans to put on, such as their fashion show which will be held here in Tempe on December 4th. Or even looking into how you can get involved with The Chic Daily and put your own vision out into the world.

NOTE: This article was written by both @MELHAMNER & @BREEZYSLOAN

Check our Instagram Reel for a glimpse of just how our night went!

Hello! Melanie is from Southern California, more especially Indio & yes, that is where Coachella Fest is located. She is majoring in Journalism with a focus in Public Relations as well as perusing a minor in Women and Gender Studies and another minor in Art History. She enjoys going to the gym, listening to podcasts and watching youtube. Some of her favorite things in life are interior designing/decorating, coffee, plants and astrology. LOL what a Leo :)
Hey! This is Brianna and she is from Southern California or more specifically Coachella, yes where the festival is. She's currently majoring in Psychology with a focus on social behavior and is planning to get a marketing certificate. Fun Fact she has gone TikTok viral twice and highly regrets both times. Besides embarrassing herself online she also loves going to concerts, listening to oddly specific playlist, and going on road trips with her best friends.