Kristen Bryant-Girl Lounging Relax Logo 1
Kristen Bryant / Her Campus

Someone Who Doesn’t Like Sleep But Likes Dreams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

People tend to like naps, right? Honestly, most people sleep like it’s one of their personality traits. There are  shirts with the  cute little slogans all around that make it impossible to think naps are anything but one of the greatest things in life. Problem is—-I don’t like naps.

I know, I know, I must be the devil’s spawn or something to say such blasphemy, but as weird as it may be, it’s true. Personally, sleeping is pretty boring for me. I probably (definitely) sound like a crazy person, but if I had to pick between reading a book or sleeping, you can guarantee I’d pick the first option. I just don’t really see the appeal of closing my eyes for hours when I can do something else. Don’t get me wrong, I do sleep at night, I have to or I’ll end up going completely insane at some point (I’m already halfway there), but you’ll probably never catch me napping during the day. However, there’s something I’ve recently noticed about sleeping—-dream interpretations!

Now, there are  many theories about dreaming Whether they’re just random images in our head or if they actually mean something about  reality.  I have to admit there’s something fun about trying to decipher them. Dream analysis kind of reminds me of horoscopes. They both give the answers and reasons for things in our lives when we’re either too confused or just plain bored.

There is a theory called the Threat Simulation Theory, which states that dreams are a sort of defense mechanism that prepares us for scary things meaning we possibly dream more when we’re feeling anxious or frightened. This would definitely make sense of all the dreams in which I flunk an exam no matter what I do—it’s scarier than it sounds. But I’m betting many of us have such a huge variety of dreams, ranging from horrifying nightmares to ones we could only wish were real life. According to many sources , they could all mean something.

For example, are you being chased by someone? You might just be avoiding something.

Dreaming of getting back together with an ex? That might suggest that someone in your life is giving similar feelings your ex used to cause—positive or negative.

Stuck in a car you’re not in control of? Maybe you feel like you don’t really have control over your future.

And there’s so many more because that’s the incredible thing about dreams: there’s always something new! So take it from someone who doesn’t even really like sleeping all that much, take a good fat nap right now and dream away. You might just discover something you didn’t expect.

Here’s some Dream Interpretation Websites!

http://www.dreammoods.com https://exemplore.com/dreams/Dream-Meanings-A-Z

https://bestlifeonline.com/dream-interpretation/

Diana Arellano Barajas is a junior at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication in Arizona State University. She LOVES creating: graphics, animation, video editing, it's all fair game! Originally from a small town in Mexico, Diana currently resides in Phoenix. In her free time, if she isn't found attached to a book, she's writing about everything and anything including experimenting with visual content. Excited to write for HerCampus, Diana's ready to make readers smile, laugh, and possibly cry (in a good way). Feel free to contact her here: dianaarellano753@yahoo.com