This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Alright! After 500 hours and several panic attacks (I was ready to pull my hair out), I have FINALLY found three songs that remind me of Thanksgiving and therefore can be official songs for the holiday.

We all know how crazy Christmas music can get around this time of year and how we all pretty much secretly skip November because well…we just do. Although I personally sometimes want to throw away that one person’s phone who is blaring Christmas music right after Halloween, I can understand why it’s a thing. But working at a retail store that blared Christmas music 24/7 for two months really ruined my holiday cheer so I thought—Thanksgiving music! Gotta be a thing, right? No. Well…not really.

Most songs that are actually directly linked to the holiday are kindergarten rhymes so I had to dig through the crevices of the Internet (not really, I just went through wayyy too many un-thanksgiving songs that just like to say turkey a lot for some reason), until I found ones that can sort-of-maybe be considered Thanksgiving like. A very strong maybe, but I tried.

And let me tell you…it was pretty damn hard. I’m actually wondering why because there seems to be a bajillion songs for Christmas that have hundreds of covers, but then again, I shouldn’t be surprised.

But anyways, here are three songs that I think would be perfect for a Thanksgiving dinner (Or anytime of the day, honestly).

Let’s Turkey Trot by Little Eva

This song is crazy catchy so if you want to dance, get your feet ready! Made in 1963, the song reached #20 on the BIllboard Hot 100 which I can’t say I’m surprised about. Look at it this way, what’s more Thanksgiving than dancing like a turkey?

Autumn in New York by Frank Sinatra

This smooth melody makes me want to chill against a pile of falling leaves as I look at the sky. Although not a  Frank Sinatra original, it was the only recording to reach chart success as a single in the U.S. But then again, it’s Sinatra. Of course, the dude was able to enchant millions across the country. So, the song doesn’t actually say anything about Thanksgiving but autumn is definitely part of the holiday. And peace, well nothing can replace it. It would bring smiles all around the dinner table.

Be Thankful by Natalie Cole

I believe a huge part of Thanksgiving is being grateful for what you have and sometimes we forget about that part (the food can be quite distracting, so it makes sense). With this song you can get the groove on as you appreciate! Quite bluntly, the 1977 musical piece can really wake you up to give thanks, but with dancing… even better, right?

There are probably many more songs that can really get you and your family into the  Thanksgiving mood because well, I only have so many brain cells to use right now. Just remember anything can get you into the holiday cheer if you want it to, whether it says turkey only once or just reminds you to be thankful. That’s the beauty of it. Happy Thanksgiving!

Diana Arellano Barajas is a junior at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication in Arizona State University. She LOVES creating: graphics, animation, video editing, it's all fair game! Originally from a small town in Mexico, Diana currently resides in Phoenix. In her free time, if she isn't found attached to a book, she's writing about everything and anything including experimenting with visual content. Excited to write for HerCampus, Diana's ready to make readers smile, laugh, and possibly cry (in a good way). Feel free to contact her here: dianaarellano753@yahoo.com