Snacks and Junk Food for the Indecisive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Everyone loves a good snack here and there. What can you do when you want them all? Well, Some genius somewhere contemplated this very question for the indecisive folk. Why have one when you can have them all at the same time? Here are some snacks for those with analysis paralysis.

Trail Mix

Who said trail mix is just for the trail? Trail mix is one of the easiest snacks to take with you. You get some with raisins, M&Ms, peanuts and maybe even some peanut butter chips and Reese’s Pieces (and I only mentioned the store bought kinds)  You can create your own by buying your favorite nuts and dried fruits. One of my favorite mixes includes macadamia nuts, cashews, peanuts, dried banana chips, dried apricots, and dried apples. If you want to buy the premade trail mix, go right ahead! If you want to make it at home, go nuts! 

Munchies

Yes, they are literally called Munchies. Munchies come in Cheese Mix and Flamin’ Hot Mix. What is so great about Munchies is that it combines some of the most popular name brand chips into one. The Cheese Mix has Cheetos, Doritos, Pretzels and  Sun Chips. The Flamin’ Hot Mix has salsa Doritos, Flaming Hot Cheetos, Sun Chips and Pretzels. There are many other mixes such as Totally Ranch Mix and Ultimate Cheddar. Who said to just pick one chip when you can have them all? 

Neapolitan Ice Cream and Rainbow Sherbet

Nothing stressed me out more as a child than trying to pick one flavor of ice cream. Thankfully as an adult, I have discovered a hack I wish I knew as a kid, Neapolitan Ice Cream and Rainbow Sherbet. They give each flavor its own section in the container! So, if you are feeling vanilla one day and chocolate the next, you can just scoop from that section of the container! I was blown away! Then life got even better for my sweet tooth when I discovered Rainbow Sherbet. As a fruit lover who also favors a little tartness. The different flavors are orange, raspberry, lime, lemon and pineapple. I could go on and on about how much I love these two frozen sweet treats, but I think you get my point. 

Fruit Salad and Veggie Trays 

I have listed probably some of the unhealthiest of snacking choices thus far, so let me tell you about fruit salad. This is probably a no brainer, fruit is better than chips, ice cream, and candy. Fruit has sugar and carbs in it too. However, these carbs are the healthier kind. You can make a fruit salad so colorful that it will take over the table at a potluck just by the way it looks. Veggie trays can also steal the show at a potluck. Having a plate of carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes and celery around a little dish of ranch that people can just grab is one of the best ways to snack. Isn’t having something to grab and run with the point of a snack anyway? 

Whether you just want one snack or all of the snacks, sometimes it’s good to have options and even have some of everything in one package, even if what is in the package is something you aren’t a fan of, you can always share with a friend. These snacks are not just for the indecisive, they are for everyone who wants a taste of deliciousness.

She is a student at Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communications. She is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Digital Audiences. So, you can find her researching the latest trends, following a good hot topics story or jamming out to the latest pop song on Spotify so she knows what's hot and what's not. Her style could be considered androgynous but classy at the same time. Some of her hobbies include graphic design and behind the scenes video production. In her free time, you can find her reading a good book while cuddling with her cat or taking pictures with her camera while walking around the city.