Sky view from the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers’ College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Arizona State started out as a humble, normal school in 1885 specializing in teacher preparedness. It’s easy to forget that looking at the sprawling campuses and multitude of directions one could take their studies. The Farmer’s Building (pictured) has been apart of campus since its construction was completed in 1960 and it is named after Hiram Bradford Farmer, who was the first principal of the Arizona Territorial Normal School. The Farmer’s Building houses The Mary Lou Fulton Teacher’s college, and four floors of classrooms. The center of the building has a courtyard-like atmosphere and gets a warm glow in the early morning, when it is already buzzing with future educators getting their own education.

Emily recently transferred to Arizona State university after hurting her knee playing college volleyball at another school. She is studying Sports Managment, and finds it hilarious when people are surprised a woman is studying that. She dreams of becoming a sports agent and earning a paycheck that helps her not stress about the cost of guacamole at Chipotle. Her best friends are her dogs because they don't judge her when she sings Tom Petty songs and dances while cleaning.Folow her blog here, her instagram is @embrunda, her twitter handle is also @Embrunda.
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.