This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Everyone who moves to Oregon wants to live in Portland. My dream is the opposite of that. Born and raised in a suburb outside of Portland and having gone to a private school in the heart of Portland, I’ve come to learn that living it in, isn’t what the hype makes it out to be.

There is a small piece of heaven in central Oregon named Bend. A growing town that has charm and bliss in the air. A large home inside of the gated community that my family lives in, would be my dream home. Of course, they’re all upwards of a million to two million, but as the saying goes, “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you’ll land among the stars.” A home with four to five bedrooms for guests and kids, if being a mom is an activity I end up dabbling in. A large kitchen so I can someday learn how to cook and cook well. A large backyard for three or four dogs that I end up rescuing from shelters. A three car garage so I can have my “dream car”, any SUV and whatever my husband ends up having.

Along with this dream home comes the work I do in it. I want to be able to work from home, writing away on children’s books or magazine articles.

My dream is to be a writer for a well-known magazine working on opinion pieces, product reviews or helping tell other people’s interesting life stories. My dream is to be a published children’s book author and help ignite children’s dreams.

Another wild dream job, that has no tie into the others, is being a real estate agent. I love helping others create their dreams and find what works for them. Lastly, owning and running my own pet hotel or pet boarding home is another dream job I have. Seeing everyone’s furry friends and keeping them company while their people are gone, is something I’d love. As many people know, dreams only come true if you do the work. So it’s time to get to work.

Hi there! My names Alissan Speidel, I'm a journalism major and business minor at Arizona State University. I love writing, shopping, getting to know new people and finding new Netflix and Spotify gems.