This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Nothing hurts more than someone leaving at the most inconvenient of times. Especially, when you are least expecting it. There are many people that are around you for so many seasons and then all the sudden the friendship or the relationship ends so abruptly that it catches you off guard. This is my poem to a heartbreaker.

Do you remember

Back in fourth grade

When we met in class

On picture day

Trying to decide

What pose to make

I remember that day

Do you remember

That time in middle school

When the bullies were so cruel

And I had to come and rescue you

I remember that too

Do you remember

In high school

When you were dating that guy

Who was so not your type

And then you broke up

And you asked me how I knew

He wasn’t the right guy for you

I do

Do you remember

The plans we had in college

To hold our diplomas as graduates

To walk across the stage

With knowledge from all our classes

And to be there for each other like always

I remember

Do you remember

When you left all of the sudden

Left me all heart broken

But you said you didn’t have a choice

We were eating in a place with so much noise

But you wouldn’t remember this

Because before the meal could be finished

You said we no longer existed

Despite the history that has already been written

No matter the history that is shared between two people, there are some people that truly are here for only a season whether that season be many years or several weeks. When you have a connection with someone and they just get up and leave, it is devastating on the heart,  especially when so much time and energy has been invested in the relationship between you and that other person. The greatest thing about heartbreak is that it doesn’t kill you, it just makes you stronger.

She is a student at Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communications. She is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Digital Audiences. So, you can find her researching the latest trends, following a good hot topics story or jamming out to the latest pop song on Spotify so she knows what's hot and what's not. Her style could be considered androgynous but classy at the same time. Some of her hobbies include graphic design and behind the scenes video production. In her free time, you can find her reading a good book while cuddling with her cat or taking pictures with her camera while walking around the city.