This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Students watched the 88th Annual Academy Awards on the big screen in Cronkite’s First Amendment Forum. The event was hosted by Cronkite Cut, ASU’s only entertainment broadcast production. Students had the chance to win screening passes, posters and other merchandise from Tina Fey’s upcoming movie Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Some of the wildest moments of the night included the attendees’ reactions to Lady Gaga’s emotional performance of Til It Happens to You, the Oscar-nominated song about rape on college campuses. The message of the song strongly resonated with the students attending the viewing party. The applause after Leonardo DiCaprio won his first Oscar was just as powerful in the First Amendment Forum as it was at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood where there ceromony took place. 

Hey my name is Allie Barton and I'm a freshman at ASU! I'm studying Journalism and Mass Communication at the Downtown Phoenix campus. I love black and white photography, music, Heath Ledger movies, and sushi. I'm excited to join the Her Campus team as a contributor to the Snapshot section.
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.