My Super Smart Roommate: Ellie Bulka

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

So, when I decided to take on “Campus Celebrity” immediately my roommate and genius friend Ellie Bulka popped into my head. Although she’s good at being humble about her work, I’m spreading the word. Ellie Bulka is a senior majoring in physics AND astrophysics. You read that correctly; talk about hard work. She is currently single and her extracurricular activities include a research project this past summer in which she helped create a computer program to make 3D geometric mapping of cancer cells possible.

It gets better: Ellie has also used lasers to determine an individual’s DNA size. YES…and it keeps going. She is now working on simulations of solar cells to determine electrical output and she weekly spreads her wealth of knowledge on the younger generations as a tutor at Mathnasium. After writing down all of these accomplishments and working projects Ellie has going on, I feel like a total wimp for complaining about my schedule. After she graduates, Ellie hopes to attend Grad school; focusing on material science and nanotechnology. After that, she states, “who knows”. Consider your mind blown.

Photo source

Senior at ASU! Graduating with a BA in English Literature. 22 years young :)
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.