Keeping Up with Allison Grabowski (Literally!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Allison Grabowski can always be found around campus with a smile on her face. Everywhere she goes on campus, there seems to be someone who knows her and she’s always happy to see them or lend a helping hand when they need it. Even though she may potentially be the busiest person on campus, she wouldn’t have it any other way.

Allison has been a peer programmer for ASU’s W. P. Carey School of Business’s residence hall since the beginning of her sophomore year. As a peer programmer, she plans events and activities for her residents that range from learning about important life skills to community involvement or networking in order to keep the students engaged.

Aside from keeping busy as a peer programmer, Allison is also involved in many other extra curricular activities. She currently holds the titles of Head Social Chair for ASU’s American Business Women’s Association chapter and is also a member of the American Marketing Association.

After the experience of a lifetime through a high school exchange program, Allison developed a love for all things international and decided to join an exchange program at the college level, AIESEC, and is currently working with them as a Team Leader of Business Development within their committee for Incoming Exchange. 

“I’m interning through AIESEC in Poland this summer. Then backpacking with my boyfriend for three weeks after visiting [my Swedish exchange sister], Freddie, and his [exchange] sister.”

Despite her mega busy schedule, Allison is also involved in ASU’s tap dance club, Tap ASU, and still wants to join more clubs within the next two years. Allison always finds time for friends and family, keeps her GPA pristine and attends most of ASU’s major sporting events, especially football, but not for their athletic appeal.

“What makes the games are the people you go with. I like socializing and cheering on the team!”

As for her plans after graduation in 2015, she’s in the same boat as a lot of us. “I don’t know what I want to do when I graduate yet; it’s still up in the air,” she said. “But international business would be great.”

Allison’s future looks bright with all of her current activities and school involvement, but how do the rest of us achieve the same amount of greatness as she has?

“Get involved! When you get involved, you tend to like the school better, you make more friends, have more resources to go to, and [you] overall have a better time in college!”

My name is Alejandra Guillen and I am a junior at Arizona State University's Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication and at Barrett, the Honors College. As most people do, I enjoy sleep, food (especially of the breakfast, gravy and meat varieties), and Ryan Gosling.
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.