ASU?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ASU?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
ASU
Style > Beauty

I’m Making Greener Choices with These Beauty Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Presented by Garnier x Her Campus

Since living on my own, I’ve started becoming more conscious of what I’m buying. A few of my favorite green products that I include in my daily routine are from Garnier, the sustainable hair care and skin care brand. Garnier’s products are made with 99% vegan ingredients*, and are approved by Cruelty Free International. Check out a few of the products from Garnier that I love to use when getting ready for the day before classes, during my night time wind-down routine, and when I’m in the mood for a little self-care moment:

GARNIER FRUCTIS Sleek & Shine Shampoo and Conditioner

This Sleek & Shine Shampoo and Conditioner set includes keratin plant-based amino acids and argan oil to control any frizz I might have. Living in the desert dries out my hair and I struggle with flyaways, but using this duo has made my hair thank me for the moisture.

Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1 Waterproof Makeup Remover and Reusable Micellar Cleansing Eco Pads

Using the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water and the Reusable Micellar Cleansing Eco Pads together help to remove any excess face mask and makeup, and moisturizes my face. The formula of the Cleansing Water is soft and gentle on my skin, and leaves me feeling clean and refreshed, while the Reusable Cleansing Eco Pads helps with exfoliating, and are super easy to reuse. They can be washed either in a machine or by hand, so I just run warm water and soap through them after each use, and I have a fresh cloth to clean my face the next morning!

Since learning about Garnier’s commitment to greener beauty, I’ve been inspired to establish my own commitment to greener living. Garnier’s green statement includes the goal to be made completely of recyclable materials by 2025.

My personal green statement includes reducing my takeout food waste, avoiding purchasing things that are unable to be recycled or composted, opting for reusable utensils and water bottles, and washing and reusing plastic takeout containers. 

Garnier’s #OneGreenStep continues to hold me accountable for my goals and moves toward helping keep the environment healthy and happy. And, if you want to get inspired to go green and participate in a powerful activity, Her Campus at Arizona State would love for you to join our event, Put Waste in the Right Place! Bring your recyclable items, and let’s save the planet together! It’s happening on April 26th at 7:00pm in front of the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism building. We hope to see you there! 

*footnote: no animal derived ingredients

This is a sponsored article. All opinions are 100% our own.

JP (they/them/theirs) is a graduate student at DePaul who enjoys reading books, playing guitar, and telling bad jokes. When they're not behind a book or getting a tan from their computer screen, catch them planning their next tattoo. Check their 'gram: @hanson.jp