Style > Beauty

Here’s the Scoop on amika’s New Hairstyling Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

For anyone who religiously scrolls through Sephora, or even Netflix – I have the newest scoop on a product that combines both haircare and movies. Sounds amazing – right? The Netflix hit, To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, collaborated with the haircare brand amika, yet another cult favorite. The sequel to the movie, titled, To All the Boys: P.S. I Still Love You, comes out February 12th and in celebration of that, amika decided to create a Sephora-exclusive hairstyling kit inspired by the upcoming film. Here’s the scoop.

Included in the kit is a pastel pink, limited-edition Polished Perfection Mini Straightening Brush, which features an amazing pattern inspired by the film. The brush is covered in adorable doodles, that look like Lara Jean drew them herself. Also included is a travel-size Perk Up Dry Shampoo, which is a necessity when on the go – especially if you’re going to see a hottie like Noah Centineo! Not only that, but there’s an exclusive sticker sheet to cover your Hydro in – perfect for the pink-themed holiday coming up (hint: it’s Valentine’s!!). If that wasn’t enough for you, the kit comes in a see-through reusable travel bag, so TSA won’t even come your way!

Now, let’s get down to the nitty-gritty of it. Does this stuff actually work? Is it just a Valentine’s Day gimmick? Just so we’re transparent here, I’ve been a long-time fan of amika’s Dry Shampoo – so put simply – the Dry Shampoo is a yes! Not only does it fluff up my hair on those early, unshowered mornings, but it also smells amazing! Who needs perfume when your dry shampoo does everything for you? Another amazing fact about this product – it’s paraben, sulfate, phthalate, sodium chloride, talc, aluminum starch and artificial color-free. Protecting your hair, and looking good while doing it. In regard to the Straightening Brush, I was pleasantly surprised by it. I’ve never been one to reach for a straightening brush, simply because I just grab my straightener and hair brush, but this is the thing you never knew you needed. Due to the fact that this brush has heat within it, you’re able to kill two birds with one stone! The bristles aren’t rough, and they run right through each strand of your hair – laying it to perfection. It quickly heats up to a nice 400 degrees (if you like it hot!) and allows you to start your morning – or night – off right. My favorite thing about the brush? It’s mini size! You could pop this thing in your purse and quickly run it through your hair at work. No need to rush in the morning, we’re working women on the go.

Overall, this kit would be perfect as a Valentine’s Day gift, celebration of the new sequel coming out, or even just to treat yourself. The packaging, scent, and quality of it all is enough to justify a little me-splurge (only $35 though – we love a bargain) at your local Sephora. So get out there with your  straight, sweet-smelling hair and all. Who knows? You might find your own Peter Kavinsky or John Ambrose McClaren, looking your absolute best (Tip of the Month: Tune into the sequel to see those cuties on screen!)

Madison Andrade is a senior studying Political Science at Arizona State University. Her favorite pastimes are reading, playing piano and rough-housing with her Great Dane puppies! She aspires to make a positive change in one person's life, every day. If you have any questions for Madison, feel free to email her at: maandra3@asu.edu.