HC ASU + BAND Event!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Here at Her Campus ASU, we wanted to plan a girls’ night out to meet our new members, but actually coordinating the event was turning out to be difficult. It was annoying to be constantly logging into Facebook (not everybody was checking their accounts!) and trying to keep up with dozens of text messages in a group chat was way too hard. So for our GNO, we turned to BAND, a quick and easy-to-use mobile app, to plan our night! 

BAND had all the key features we were looking for, right in the palm of our hands: A group messaging board, group polls, maps, calendars, lists and photo albums!

Our favorite feature was the checklist. It really helped us keep track of what we needed to get done before the night started and what our activities were for the night.

To get the girls excited, we used the photo album feature to give them a sneak peak of what we had planned for the night. They especially loved the goodie bags!

The key feature that we found particularly helpful was the map tool. All we had to do was input the address to our location, add a few simple directions and everyone had a customized map with geo-location to help them get to our GNO!

We had a great time at our Her Campus social, and we couldn’t have done it without the BAND App. 

Download BAND for your next gathering and experience it for yourself!

My name is Alejandra Guillen and I am a junior at Arizona State University's Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication and at Barrett, the Honors College. As most people do, I enjoy sleep, food (especially of the breakfast, gravy and meat varieties), and Ryan Gosling.
Caroline Ortiz is currently a senior at Arizona State University majoring in English Literature with a minor in Film and Media Production. She co-founded the ASU Her Campus branch at her university in the spring of 2013 and is very happy to be a part of the Her Campus team! Apart from being involved with Her Campus, she is the Chief of Staff for ASU's Programming and Activities Board (PAB), a student run organization that strives to give their student body the best Sun Devil experience, Secretary of Las Hermanas of the Hispanic Mother Daughter Program, a club striving to provide a supportive and encouraging environment to University Latinas, a Trendspotter for MTV Insights, and was previously a Cosmopolitan Magazine Campus Representative! When she is not busy studying Literature (which requires reading endless amounts of Norton Editions) participating in PAB, Las Hermanas or crewing for a film, she enjoys her time off reading YA novels, magazine, shopping and brainstorming new and exciting things for HC ASU. Her ultimate goal is to move to a metropolitan city and become an Editor-in-Chief for a publishing house or crewing for a feature film!