Hannah Dickens – Campus Celebrity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

At the beginning of the fall semester, Arizona State University featured profiles of incoming students. One of these students was Hannah Dickens, a journalism student. Hannah is a part of Barrett, the Honors College, as well, and is one of the most interesting people to interact with.

I wonder what has become of many of the students featured on the website. Have they decided to stick with their major? Have they enjoyed their freshman year? What are they up to now?

Hannah is still a journalism major. Not much has changed in her positive attitude, but she has done many things during her freshman year. One of these things is a study-abroad trip in the summer that will take her to London, Dublin, and Edinburgh. Many individuals do not study abroad until their later years, but Hannah is starting out early in her adventures overseas.

I am extremely excited and blessed to be going to Europe,” Hannah says.

Hannah has always appreciated other cultures, so a trip like this to her will supplement the other good memories of this year. She says that her favorite memories at ASU have been been the friends she has made. Another highlight of her year has been learning independence.

Hannah is very quiet and reserved, but warms up. She is passionate about her studies, music, “Doctor Who,” and other cultures. She played cello in chamber orchestra, full symphony, and pit, after she first started playing in fourth grade. This foundation of music has led her to appreciate multiple types of music ranging from “Weird Al” Yankovic to Celtic Woman.

Hailing from Tempe, Hannah chose the Downtown Phoenix campus because of its proximity to home and hopes to further explore journalism in the future semesters.

“I intend to stay in journalism and to join more groups and figure out where I fit into the program,” Hannah says. “I hope to find out what I want to do in the future and hopefully exceed in it.”

Hannah is not completely sure on what type of journalism she wants to do, but has come down to a few options.

“I think I want to do magazine, entertainment, broadcast, or behind the scenes in tech,” Hannah says.

No matter what Hannah decides to do and how she applies herself, her positive attitude and hard work will pay off.

I'm a college freshman with a love for anything pop culture. I like to dance, sleep, and be surrounded by positivity.
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.