Google Fiber Coming to Phoenix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

The days of dial up and broadband Internet are officially over. Say hello to Google Fiber.

As if Google wasn’t already doing enough in advancing technology, they have developed a new technology that could drastically change the way we use the Internet.

Google Fiber would offer an Internet connection that is about 100 times faster than current broadband provider. Tempe, Phoenix, and Scottsdale have all been chosen as potential candidates for this new-wave of high-tech Internet.

This high-speed service will not only benefit household connections, but also Arizona State University’s. As one of the biggest public universities in the nation, we’ve all experienced a less than favorable Internet connection while on campus.

While only two of the four campuses are located among the three cities that were chosen, ASU students on the Tempe and Downtown Phoenix campuses will greatly benefit from Google Fiber services with faster download times and less connection interruptions.

The logistics to the service still need to be worked out, but updates hope to be given by the end of the year.

Click here to learn more about Google Fiber!

My name is Alejandra Guillen and I am a junior at Arizona State University's Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication and at Barrett, the Honors College. As most people do, I enjoy sleep, food (especially of the breakfast, gravy and meat varieties), and Ryan Gosling.