Food for Thought: Creative Jelly Bean Video Demonstrates Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Ze Frank’s video won’t make you feel unfulfilled but may, however, make you question what you’re doing with the life you were blessed with. What seems like a silly concept of visually representing what our 8,477 days sleeping, 3,202 days working, and 2,676 days watching TV look like, these 28,835 jelly beans shine a whole lot of light on such a significant factor of life—time.

“I can’t believe I’m in college already.” “I can’t believe I’m graduating.” “I can’t believe I’m getting married.” “I can’t believe I’m going to be a mother.”

Milestones make it seem like our lives go by in the blink of an eye. Well, they truly do. Ask anyone. So make the most out of every day, hour, minute, and second. Don’t spend waking moments wallowing in your sorrow when you should be discovering all the wonders this world has to offer. Take advantage of what you do with your spare time and your beautiful, beautiful life. After all, why would you want to waste such a precious thing? It’s not like you can just snap your fingers and have time reverse itself. Everything starts with that single jelly bean, but it’s up to you to decide what to do with the rest.

Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.