Five Ways to Get Back on Track for Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

It’s here, school is back and there are no more days off until the beloved spring break. That means that it is time to kick it into gear for the next month or so until the break.  But, can you do it? Of course you can… here’s how!

1. Ease Into Your Routine/Create One

If you’re anything like me, you waited until the very last minute to get yourself ready for this semeter. It won’t be helpful at all for you to just jump back into your normal routine. It will be hard and difficult and you will not have fun. Throughout the week, ease yourself into your routine. By the end of the week, you should be back in the swing of things and be good to go! If you don’t have a routine, you should start one! Getting yourself into a routine will help you keep yourself on track naturally.

2. Keep Study Space Organized

You can’t start the semester on the right foot if your study space is still a mess from last semester’s finals. Take the time to clean up and get your study space ready for the upcoming semester. The cleanness of your space will give you that “fresh start” feel, instead of having to deal with the mess when you’re trying to complete your first few homework assignments. 

3. Get Ahead, If You Can

Getting ahead now, in the beginning, is one of the best ways to get yourself on the right track for the semester. Even though some professors keep a tight leash on their Blackboard folders, try and do anything and everything that you can to get yourself ahead. Even if it is just a little extra reading here and there, it’ll get you in the right direction. There more you can frontload yourself now, the easier the end of the semester will seem (we all like that feeling.).

4. Keep Yourself Accountable

This one is huge. It’s college, your parents aren’t here to make sure you’re doing yout homework every night. You have to keep yourself accountable with your homework and especially those pesky projects. My way of doing this is to reward myself (with some Netflix or something) for accomplishing a certain assignment or task I set for myself. You could even do this for going ahead and getting some extra work done!

5. Make Time for Yourself

This is my most important one. You know yourself better than anybody. Make sure you take the time for yourself to relax and unwind when you need it. If you have to say no to a plan, then say no. Build flexibility into your days where you do homework so if you really need to say “hey I can’t do this today” you can do that without the risk of missing a due date. Your body is your number one! Take time at least once a week to relax and treat yourself for your hard work!

Good luck this semester!

I am a sophomore at Arizona State University - West pursuing an Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences degree and will hopefully focus in Sports Journalism I run my own blogs The Arizona Prepster and Phoenix Dodgers Girl {www.thearizonaprepster.com and www.phoenixdodgersgirl.blogspot.com} I've been writing creatively since the seventh grade. I love the Dodgers. I'm so glad I chose to come to ASU and I love the person I've become since moving here!
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.