Fifteen Minutes of Warhol – Exhibit Comes to ASU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Andy Warhol is one of the most essential figures in the intermixing of popular culture and art. His iconic works sells for millions, is recognized around the planet and is at Arizona State University.

In May, the ASU Art Museum has exhibited six new works by Warhol. The works will be available for the public to see until Saturday, Nov. 8, which gives the public a good two weeks to check out Warhol’s work.

(via: Tempe Tourism)

According to ASU Events, the ASU Art Museum has received photographs from The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts in 2008, along with other colleges around the country.

Located in Tempe, the cost is free.

If you want to supplement your understanding of Warhol, there are various types of media one can indulge in. 

If you are a music fan, the wise choice is to pick up a Velvet Underground album (I recommend their debut – which is one of the greatest albums ever recorded). 

Under circumstances that cinema is more your taste, check out Chelsea Girls and Poor Little Rich Girl for films actually done by Warhol. If you want a story that features Warhol, there are multiple out there from the controversial Factory Girl about Edie Sedgwick (who starred in many of Warhol’s films) to I Shot Andy Warhol.

There are multiple books about Warhol out there and his history is fascinating, from The Factory to his assassination attempt to his quotes. 

And for art check out http://warhol.org, or pay a visit to the exhibit as ASU!   

I'm a college freshman with a love for anything pop culture. I like to dance, sleep, and be surrounded by positivity.
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.