Excuse Me Halloween and Thanksgiving, Christmas Coming Through

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

In all my years, I’ve never understood the hype around Halloween. Candy and the movies surrounding the holiday are fantastic, but Christmas is what really gets me in the holiday spirit. No disrespect to Halloween or Thanksgiving, but Christmas is where the real party begins. Here are three reasons why Christmas is best:

Music

You can’t tell me that Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas Is You” doesn’t make you want to set up the Christmas decorations early. Whether caroling door to door or just jamming inside, you feel the joy in the music. Plus, everyone knows the lyrics because the same classic songs play each year. 

Decorations

If you grew up anywhere where decorating your house was no joke for Christmas, then you know what I mean. Whether you get a real tree or a fake one, the decorations are by far the best. The colors spread warmth and cheer throughout the day and nights of the cold winter season.

Spirit

From the Starbucks tradition of paying for the next person’s drink to gift shopping, spirit is in the air during Christmas season. When you see the bright lights, love shared, and happiness felt with loved ones around, how can you not feel the spirit of the holiday season?

Altogether, Christmas is the best season because it involves inclusivity, spreading joy, ove, and finally, giving gifts. Whether spending it with family, friends or alone, there are many ways to create that Christmas feeling. This coming Christmas, be sure to soak in the Christmas season while it lasts.

Hi there! My names Alissan Speidel, I'm a journalism major and business minor at Arizona State University. I love writing, shopping, getting to know new people and finding new Netflix and Spotify gems.