Evelyn Espinoza: Rocking A Style All On Her Own

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Evelyn Espinoza is a Criminal Justice major who would describe her sense of style as a mixture of comfy, edgy, girly, and chic.

“It all depends on how I feel when I wake up and how much time I have to get ready,” she explains. “On a regular school day it’s probably more around the comfy side with natural makeup.”

Even though this fashion-forward collegiette is always on the move, she always puts a litte more effort into her look.

When asked who she draws her inspiration from she exclaimed, “Lauren Conrad!”

“I mean seriously, that girl can dress! Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato are also some fashion icons I look at for inspiration. Their style is unique and I love how all three ladies are willing to try new trends but still stay true to themselves.”

Her favorite places to shop are Zara’s, TopShop, Brandy Melville, Forever 21, Love Culture, H&M, and Macy’s. She loves them all.

“[But] I usually find myself buying most of my clothes from Macy’s since I work there and that employee discount is just too hard to resist; especially on sale days!”

Her advice to all those collegiettes on style is to just be comfortable with yourself.

“Just because everyone is following a trend, it doesn’t mean you have to dress like everyone else. Find something that defines you, makes you feel good about yourself and OWN IT.”

You go girl!

Caroline Ortiz is currently a senior at Arizona State University majoring in English Literature with a minor in Film and Media Production. She co-founded the ASU Her Campus branch at her university in the spring of 2013 and is very happy to be a part of the Her Campus team! Apart from being involved with Her Campus, she is the Chief of Staff for ASU's Programming and Activities Board (PAB), a student run organization that strives to give their student body the best Sun Devil experience, Secretary of Las Hermanas of the Hispanic Mother Daughter Program, a club striving to provide a supportive and encouraging environment to University Latinas, a Trendspotter for MTV Insights, and was previously a Cosmopolitan Magazine Campus Representative! When she is not busy studying Literature (which requires reading endless amounts of Norton Editions) participating in PAB, Las Hermanas or crewing for a film, she enjoys her time off reading YA novels, magazine, shopping and brainstorming new and exciting things for HC ASU. Her ultimate goal is to move to a metropolitan city and become an Editor-in-Chief for a publishing house or crewing for a feature film!