To My Future Someone,
You always hear those songs where someone, usually a female singer, addresses their “future someone” or “Dear Mr. No One” or their “Dear Future Husband”.
So I thought hey, why not do that for myself. So here it goes...
I become infatuated and have crushes on guys who just aren’t what I want but settle for because they’re sweet or their intelligence hooks me. I settle because I am not as confident in myself as I’d like to be. I’ll admit that I have body insecurity issues that keep me from going after the guy I adore and could see a future with. Instead I reject the idea and bench him as a guy friend and nothing more because I don't feel like I can be more to them. Because of my curves and the way that I look, I don’t feel that I am enough for a man. So instead I don’t flirt and don’t date.
In the future when I've tackled my health and issues with body insecurity, I know I'll be ready to meet my Mr. Right, even if that means waiting. The truth is, you don’t have to date or look for love if you aren’t ready to look yet. There’s no harm in focusing on yourself, your needs and wants, your desires, your ambitions, your career goals, and your studies.
But that’s not to say that I don't have a void in my heart and urge to find love. I do, or maybe I don’t, maybe I’m just lonely since I’m growing up, living on my own, and and about to turn 20 early next year.
Although I'm busy, I just want someone to share my life and accomplishments and roses and thorns with, someone to share the little things and bigger moments with. Don’t get me wrong, I love spending time with my friends, but that doesn’t mean I don't long to have love in my life and to have a good guy to call my own. Of course I know I will have to wait because of my busy life and because I’m just not ready to date yet. But I do know what I want in a man, it just took me awhile to figure it out. So here it goes.
Dear future someone,
- I want someone who is ambitious.
- I want someone who’s a dreamer.
- I want someone who works towards their goals, ambitions, and dreams.
- I want someone that fights for what they want, who knows what they want, who advocates for themselves, who is confident in himself and his abilities but is humble, never cocky or macho.
- I want someone who’s mature and not childish.
- I want someone who isn’t afraid to be real, show emotion, and tell me how they’re feeling and sympathize with me.
- I want someone who won’t always tell me I’m right but will admit when I'm wrong or they’re wrong.
- I want someone who isn’t afraid to tell me how they feel or what’s on their mind.
- I want someone who respects me and treats me right.
- I want someone who’s an optimist and a realist.
- I want someone who will be raw, honest, and vulnerable, who builds me up and encourages me to pursue my dreams when the world brings me down.
- I want someone who is elated to see me and spend time with me.
- I want someone who will wait. Sure he can sweep me off my feet, but I don’t want him to rush into things and I don’t want to rush into things.
- I want to take things slow and take each step when it’s appropriate and feels right. I don’t want to give too much of myself away too quickly. If he’s the right guy and he’s falling for me, then he can wait for that first kiss and everything that comes after if he respects me.
- I want someone who is an old-fashioned gentleman, polite, great with children, great with animals, loving, compassionate, caring, open, confident, humble, sweet, smart, and handsome.
- I want someone who can love me wholeheartedly and make time for me.
- I want someone who will understand my busy days and not get jealous of the hours I spend at my job and the steps I have to take to further my career.
- I want someone who can be my cheerleader.
- I want someone who knows me so well that they know when something is wrong or I need cheering up even if I don't say anything.
- I want someone who wants my kids but also wants to be a father.
- I want someone who connects with my family and fits like the missing puzzle piece.
- I want someone who’s beautiful inside and out.
- I want someone who thinks with his head and his heart.
- I want someone who isn’t a coward and isn’t afraid to go after what they want.
- I want someone who isn’t afraid to take the first move, someone who loves me inside and out.
- I want someone that loves me not settles, tolerates, or simply puts up with me and my quirks.
- I want someone who makes me laugh, who makes me simile, who knows how to brighten even the most awful of days.
- I want someone who is themself, and continues to be themself and embrace who they are.
- I want someone who isn’t afraid or shy when it comes to introducing me to their friends.
- I want someone who isn’t afraid to show me the different aspects of their life and can open up about their struggles.
- I want someone who can tell me if something’s going on, someone who isn’t afraid to ask for help and values my opinions and advice.
- I want someone to love me deeply and passionately and someone who I can completely be myself around.
- I want someone who loves and gets along with my friends but doesn’t get jealous or compete with them for my attention.
- I want someone who can be my best friend, companion, lover.
- I want someone who’s smart and intellectual, but not a know-it-all who corrects me all the time.
Now I know it seems like I'm looking for my Prince Charming or searching for a needle in a haystack because the perfect man doesn’t exist.
I don’t know what the future holds. I don’t know who I’ll end up with but “To my future someone,” I love you and am happy to be with you and to have found you. Thank you and as cheesy as this whole article is, I do hope to one day find someone or find my someone one day I guess …
One never really knows where life will take you or who you’ll meet along the way.
Hopefully this inspired you to find your someone or to start thinking about what you want in a significant other because you shouldn’t ever have to settle. Not for love, not for a career, not for anything. So cheers to you ladies and to finding love.