This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Being a student can be tough. Food is expensive and entertainment can cost a fortune. Here are some college hacks to help you make the most of your empty wallet.   

1.     Sign up for Amazon Prime.

Amazon offers a free 6-month trial of its Prime membership to students with a .edu email address. After that, it’s still discounted 50%, but even if you aren’t willing to pay for it later, enjoy the free 2-day shipping on all Prime items as well as tons of free movies, books, television shows and music while you can.

2.     Download Spotify Premium.

Spotify, which features unlimited access to millions of songs, offers 50% off a membership for students as well, making this great service just $5 a month!

3.     Attend ASU games and events.

Ever been to an ASU basketball game? How about a culture fair? Chances are, if you attend with a valid sun-card you will receive a free shirt and possibly even some free food!

4.     Get your tickets to plays, concerts, and dances…for free!

Keep an eye out for all the great things ASU offers its students. In February, Barrett gave away 20 free tickets to The Sleeping Beauty Ballet. Currently, ASU is offering admission to the play Fences, which is being preformed at the Herberger theater on February 24. ASU provides so many great (and totally free!) opportunities to see concerts and DJs as well; take advantage of these things for a unique experience you probably couldn’t afford a ticket to on your own.

5.     Check out ASU’s art museum and the Phoenix art museum.

ASU offers free admission to their museum, the Nelson Fine Arts Center, located on 10th Street and Mill. This is a great place to spend the afternoon. Also, on the downtown Phoenix campus, head to the library for free tickets to the Phoenix Art Museum. 

Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.