Campus Cutie: Tim Younger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Strong, trustworthy and a hero are characteristics that are associated with Captain America and other comic book superheroes. Well, it would be safe to say that this week’s Campus Cutie has a lot in common with Captain America. Meet this week’s blonde-hair, blue-eyed, all-American stud, Tim Younger.

Name: Tim Younger

Major/Minor: General Studies

Year: Senior

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown: Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Why did you choose this major? I changed my major four times since I’ve been at ASU. I entered as a Civil Engineering student, switched to Biology, then English, then Computer Science. After discovering my love for acting, I changed my major to General Studies so I could graduate quickly and pursue that dream.

Are you involved in anything at school? If yes, what? My freshman and sophomore years I played rugby for the University. After that, I continued to play intramural sports, most notably for football with the Sea Turtles, and basketball with the Downtown Devils. I’ve also acted in many student films on campus.

What are your greatest accomplishments so far?  I am grateful for winning our campus intramural championships and getting the chance to play on a regional and national level with my respective intramural teams. I am also grateful for winning the Jury Award at this year’s Campus Moviefest at ASU.

Best college memory? During spring break my sophomore year, one of my best friends asked another friend and me in the middle of the night to drive to California so he could surprise his girlfriend at Disneyland. We packed our bags, hopped in the car, and raced to get there by park opening so he could see her. She was so happy to see him. We all spent the rest of the day at Disneyland and had a blast. I was really glad I could be there for my friends.

Is there anything else you want to do before graduation? I really want to get my friends together one last time to go laser-tagging, go-kart racing, or just do something silly. I know it’s hard to get everyone together in one place, but it would mean the world to me.

Any college regrets? I regret not taking chances on certain relationships. I let my personal issues get in the way of something that could have been fun. I hate thinking about how I wasn’t brave enough to tell them how I truly felt.

What would be your ideal date? I would love to take a date to my favorite beach. We could grab a slice of pizza from my favorite place, eat an ice cream bar as we walk along the boardwalk, and maybe watch the sunset out on the jetty or the pier. We’d talk about TV shows, our friends, fun memories, and not worry about life for a while.

What’s the first quality you look for in a person, whether it be a new friend or significant other? Finding out if a person is trustworthy is huge for me. Whether it be a new friend or someone attractive, I like to know that this is a person that I can count on. I have to be able to be myself around them. I’m as loyal and trustworthy as they get, so I like to surround myself with people who are kind and want that same kind of respect that I do.

Favorite food? Chino Bandido is by far the best food in all of Phoenix. And of course pizza.

Favorite movie? Inglourious Basterds, Good Will Hunting, and the Wedding Singer are three of my favorite movies. Selena is also a guilty pleasure of mine.

Celebrity crush(es)? Emma Watson, Amber Heard, Emma Stone, and Alison Brie are a few of my favorites.

What are some of your hobbies/what do you like to do on your spare time? I do a lot of acting in the greater Phoenix community. I like being active or playing sports. I enjoy anything that means hanging out with my friends – I always try to make time for them. I also spend a lot of time training my brother’s Corgi named Burrito.

Who is/are your biggest influences in life or in your work and why? My biggest influences are definitely my friends. For a guy who didn’t really know what to do with his life for a long time (although I’m still not sure what I’m doing), it’s great being around a group of people who are ambitious and strive for great things. But they are great people too; all of them care for me and are always trying to help me find my path in life. I know I don’t have the same goals or the same outlook on life as most people, but these people put up with me. So I try to be the best person I can be for them.

Do you have a weird talent? I’m great with song lyrics. I can interrupt any sentence you say with a song lyric that begins with the last word that you said. Ask my friends. They aren’t too happy about it.

Biggest pet peeve? People who touch the blinds on the screen door in my apartment really annoy me. You will break them. I will be upset. Also, coaches who call endzone fades on third down. Really?? You have no other playcall?? If there is any woman who understands my struggle with endzone fades, please marry me now.

What do you hope to be doing in 10 years? I hope to be living in California, having a successful acting career. I want to be a great entertainer and inspiring film or TV actor. I also want to be surrounded by friends and family that will love and support me. That would mean the most to me.

Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.