Campus Cutie: Molly Bowes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

She is the most entertaining and good hearted person you will ever meet. With her unique personality and her overall attitude about life, she has been selected as this segment’s Campus Cutie. Meet Molly Bowes.

What is your major?

Entertainment broadcast and production

Why did you choose that major?

I love the music industry and the fast pace entertainment world.

If you never went to college, where do you think you would be today?

If I never went to college, I probably would be working a bunch of jobs to save up money and move out to L.A. to make a new network of people.

What do you miss most about Chicago?

I miss a lot of things in Chicago. I miss the culture, music industry, street wear brands and playing Kanye at 2:00 a.m. with my fiends as we drive downtown in my convertible.

You have mentioned once before that you make brain notes? What exactly are they? Please elaborate.

Brain notes are something my very dear best friend Yuliya started. All credit goes to her for that. Brain notes are just a collective of thoughts, ideas and realizations.

What would you say is your most unusual brain note?

My weirdest brain note would have to be, “A girl is caught getting held ransom in a bath tub of guacamole assisted by a sloth.”

What is your favorite animal and why?

My favorite animal is a sloth. I am very passionate about these lumpy expressive creatures. I even have a big sloth stuffed animal. My family and some friends at home even refer to me as “Sloth.” The name “Sloth” was given to me by my mom, when I was 16 due to the amount of sleep I would get, which was a lot. I actually left my sloth in an uber from the airport last night and had to get him an uber back home to my dorm. The uber driver drove from 45 minutes away to give my sloth a ride home… Can you imagine what their convo must’ve been like?

What would you say has been your most unusual college experience so far?

The most strange experience I have had at ASU so far would definitely be differentiating a pot head from a homeless person in my dining hall. I was able to tell the difference because one started talking to their bag of flaming hot Cheetos.

Are you involved in an extracurricular activities? If so, what are they?

I am involved in ASU’s very own stand up comedy troupe, Stand Up Vs. The World because I have so many experiences and parts of my life that are a big joke. I’m inching my way to getting involved in the Tempe Late Night Show.

Where do you see yourself in 40 years?

In 40 years from now I see myself living in L.A. or Chicago with a happy family that talks about politics and the importance of Stephen Colbert.

I am a sophomore pursuing a degree in Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University