Campus Cutie: Michael Bartelt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

If you live in downtown Phoenix or attend the downtown Phoenix ASU campus, there is a 95 percent chance you know this week’s Campus Cutie. Our Cutie is campus stud and proud Italian, Michael Bartelt. He is what you would call the total package; he is not only handsome, but extremely intelligent.  Mike is currently pursuing a double major in English (Creative Writing) and Broadcast Journalism. He is also a member of the downtown Phoenix Barrett, the Honors College community. 

Year: Junior

Relationship status: Single

Hometown: La Verne, California

What is your favorite food?

I like a lot of foods. But my family would be disappointed if I said anything other than Italian. My ma cooks with the best of them. When I’m back home, my life is literally like “Everyday Italian” (minus my attraction for Giada, but we can get to that in the ‘celebrity crushes’ portion of the interview). 

What is your favorite movie?

That’s a tough one. There are a few that would definitely be on a top 25 list or something. Goodfellas, Scent of a Woman, Good Will Hunting, Drive, Dazed and Confused, Swingers, Lost in Translation, Garden State, and Caddyshack are just some off the top of my head. I’m probably forgetting an important one. To make up for it, let me just say Bruce Springsteen and The West Wing.

Who do you draw style inspiration from?

To think that I have any sort of “style” is a bit absurd to me. I borrow a fair amount of inspiration from Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga, but I don’t know if I could wear it as well as them.

What are your biggest pet peeves?

I have two: Ann Coulter and Bill O’Reilly.

Do you have any celebrity crushes?

I know I mentioned Giada above, but I think celebrity crushes are strange. I feel like you actually have to have a shot with a person to have a crush on them. My friends will tell you I like Jennifer Aniston. But I don’t crush over celebrities. If I had to marry one, it would probably be Natalie Portman.

What would be your ideal date outing?

Whatever the girl wants to do. If the girl is happy, it’s a good date, and good dates are ideal. I will always suggest Cibo for a meal though.

What do you find most attractive about a female?  

I like a girl who’s sensitive. Not necessarily in terms of sensitive’s normal connotation. More like insightful, aware, and receptive. If you’re into Bruce Springsteen though, you’re pretty much in with me. It’s always cool when a girl vibes on the same music as you.

What is your best college memory?

I’m going to make it this weekend.

What is one thing you want to do before graduation?

I’ve never been to the Grand Canyon or Denver.

Who are your biggest influences in life? 

My family is the biggest influence in my life. Not just one person or two, but everyone in their own ways. As far as public figures go, Allen Ginsberg, John Wooden, Springsteen, and other guys like that. It’s hard trying to rattle off names. It’s just a lot of writers, musicians, and thinkers. It would be a pretty boring list to most. 

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? 

Well, I think upgrading from “campus cutie” to a chili pepper on Rate My Professor would be rad. I’m a day-by-day kind of guy though. Let’s get through tomorrow before we get through the next ten years.

Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.