Campus Cutie: Emily Nichols

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Name: Emily Nichols

Major/minor: Journalism / Public Relations

Year: Senior

Relationship status: More single than Kraft cheese

Hometown: Ahwatukee, Ariz.

Why did you choose this major?

Journalism seemed like the most logical/efficient way to allow myself to eat copious amounts of food in restaurants and review them, then claim it as “homework”

What’s your biggest accomplishment so far?

I survived a whole week in Morocco riding camels through sand dunes and sleeping in the middle of the Sahara desert without getting sick!

Best college memory?

Driving around Phoenix / Scottsdale on a Sunday afternoon with my best friends, electing team captains and drafting one another into cars between each destination – then calculating “draft points” at the end – and WINNING!

Is there anything else you want to do before graduation?

Yeah, I’d really like to have a nice sit-down Spanish meal (including Rioja wine) with the entire Barcelona soccer team and just see how things transpire from there. Hoping to emerge from the event with a novio.

Who do you draw style inspiration from?

If Harper from “Wizards of Waverly Place” on Disney Channel would wear it, so would I.

What are some of your favorite styles this season?

I’m really into sporting my Green Bay Packers Brett Favre (he’s still the starting QB, right?) jersey tucked into a high-waist black skater skirt, complete with black Vans and yellow ankle socks.

What would be your ideal date?

A sunset hike followed by wine and Spanish tapas, a frozen banana dipped in chocolate, and dancing in a discoteca to round out the night.

What’s the first trait you look for in a person, whether it be a new friend or significant other?

The ability to speak Spanish. Oh and food knowledge.

Favorite food?

Peruvian ceviche. Or sweet potato casserole. Or wait, maybe pho.

Favorite movie?

Into the Wild

Celebrity crush(es)?

Cristiano Ronaldo, Emma Watson, Blake Lively and MC Heretik.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I split my time equally between eating goat cheese with rose jam, hiking with my border collie, smelling essential oils, and gazing at sexy food pornography – I mean pictures.

Who is your biggest influence in life and why?

My grandmother, Laverne is my No. 1 homegirl. She’s got the sharpest wit of any human I’ve ever met – and she’s 82 and still one hot piece of tan-skinned, blonde-haired and blue-eyed woman.

Do you have a weird talent?

Yes, I can recite my mother and grandmother’s library card numbers by memory. Quickly.

Biggest pet peeve? 

When people pronounce the “H” in Spanish. H.

My name is Alejandra Guillen and I am a junior at Arizona State University's Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication and at Barrett, the Honors College. As most people do, I enjoy sleep, food (especially of the breakfast, gravy and meat varieties), and Ryan Gosling.