Campus Celebrity: Mariam Dawoud

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

This week’s campus celebrities is one of the hardest working and driven people I know. Meet Mariam Dawoud:

Major:  Marketing and Psychology

Graduation year:  2017

Age:  20

Zodiac sign:  Taurus

Relationship status:  Single

How are you involved on campus? I have a pretty extensive list of my involvement on campus; it would include being a peer advisor for W.P. Carey as well as a WPC 101 facilitator. I have been a research assistant for various marketing and behavioral labs in the Marketing and Psychology department. And I am a peer leader in the Body Project, which is a peer-led body acceptance program offered at ASU. 

Where do you see yourself after graduation? I plan on pursing a Ph.D. in neuroeconomoics at a top Ivy League university.

What is your proudest accomplishment at ASU? So far I am most proud of being able to positively influence others through the various organizations that I am involved with.  

What do you do when you have free time? Most of my free time would be spent shopping, painting, hanging out with friends and trying new exotic foods. 

Do you have any advice for current freshman? They should be as involved as possible on campus. Join many clubs and organizations both related to your major and to your hobbies. Just put yourself out there as much as possible.

I am a Senior at ASU, pursuing a degree in Business Logistics with a minor in Media Analysis on the Tempe campus. Born and raised in Arizona, with dreams of living in the city. Writing is my passion along with free food.
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.