Campus Celeb: Veronica Higgins!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Name: Veronica Higgins

Major: Art History

Graduation year: 2019?

What event’s led to you choosing your major?

Well, I was a Graphic Design major. I thought I wanted to do that so I spent the last two years getting my AA degree, but my interest in it kind of slowed down. I thought it was because I was used to how my community college did things and just needed the university to freshen things up a bit. That didn’t happen, but I love art history so why not, right?

Why did you choose ASU to pursue your career path?

I was kind of already here, and transferring to another school would have been annoying. 

If money and skills weren’t an issue, what major would you pursue instead?

If I was still a Graphic Design major I would have said Art History, but I’m there now so I wouldn’t change a thing.

What extra curricular activities do you do?

I’m involved with YoungLife ASU (We meet in the MU beneath Taco Bell every Wednesday at 9 come check it out – we’re cool). I also do a lot of other church-oriented things. I sing in the choir at Tempe First United Methodist Church, I go to The Spring and I’m in two small groups. That’s what I like to fill my time with though, it’s easier to have a small community as apposed to trying to know everyone on campus. And if that community is full of Christians like me then all the better. 

What got you interested in YoungLife?

I was on summer staff at a camp I have been going to since I was really little, and some of the people I worked with said that if there was a YoungLife camp on campus I should totally get involved. So I did and it’s awesome. 

What do you do to stay sane over finals?

I have a handy little thing called a planner, and I plan my whole semester from the beginning so I don’t have the big pile of projects everyone else has because I’m organized. And when I ignore that or something outside of my control sets me back, I sleep. Seriously if someone tells you to pull an all nighter you need to punch them because that’s ridiculous and won’t help you at all. Work and don’t take breaks, your break is getting to go to bed at a normal time.

How do you organize?

Ban.do planners are the cutest things ever. I get my planners, folders and any other cute things from them. I also color code; it’s easier to focus on particular things in a schedule when it’s a different color from everything else. 

What are you most looking forward to next semester?

I am really really excited for everything next semester, because it’s when I can start studying art history instead of just cutting a bunch of squares. 
I am a sophomore pursuing a degree in Journalism and Mass Communication at Arizona State University