Style

Beach Day Necessities…That Won’t Break the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Summer is here and the temperature is quickly rising. What better way to beat the heat than by hitting the beach? Here are a few beach necessities to ensure the full summer experience- with cash still in your wallet!

Sunglasses

Not only are they protecting your eyes, they’re also serving as an essential in the fashion world. My recent favorites have been these super cheap ones from BP ($16), and these classic Ray Bans with a twist.

Cute Sandals

As someone who doesn’t particularly like flip-flops, I LOVE sandals. They’re comfortable, and super high fashion! Shoes can upgrade any look, and why not feel great at the beach? I’ve fallen in love with these Steve Madden sandals (they’re great dupes for a $600 shoe), and these steals from Billabong!

Coverups

These are great to throw on, that way you can stay in your suit all day! They’re perfect for wearing out to lunch, or whenever you’re not soaking in the water. This under $20 Target coverup is adorable, as well as this sexy Amazon find!

Beach Bags

A cute yet necessary item at the beach. How else would you pack your sunscreen, earbuds, book, towel, cover-up, shoes, etc.? Why not spice up your beach bag to add another accessory to your outfit? This $16 tote can be found at your local Walmart (?!) and it’s a total bargain.

Looking good at the beach can still be done on a budget! With the right price, and a little bit of digging, you can look fresh off the swimwear runway. Why buy Hermés sandals when Steve Madden has created the exact same shoe for 90% off?  Now get rid of that $200 coverup in your cart, and go hunt somewhere else.

Madison Andrade is a senior studying Political Science at Arizona State University. Her favorite pastimes are reading, playing piano and rough-housing with her Great Dane puppies! She aspires to make a positive change in one person's life, every day. If you have any questions for Madison, feel free to email her at: maandra3@asu.edu.