8 Songs You Need in Your Travel Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

With Spring Break on the horizon, there is always a trip on the way. Whether it be flying to the nearest beach or embarking on a road trip with the girls, there is always an opportunity to create a new old-music playlist. Here are eight songs that you should add to your next travel playlist.

“Better Not” by Louis the Child ft. Wafia 

“Better Not” dropped in 2018. After the first listen, it’s sure to never leave your memory. This song is a great way to keep the mood light and dance a little bit in the process. It’s also a personal favorite of mine not only when I travel but when I’m at the gym as well. When that bass drops, it’s contagious. Isn’t that the vibe you need on spring break? 

“Body” by Loud Luxury ft. Brando

Last year’s summer song that the radio would not stop playing was actually released in 2017. This song is perfect to play not only while you are traveling but also while you are kicking back on the beach with a margarita. It’s so catchy you just might catch the attention of the cute guy playing beach volleyball who you’ve been staring at all afternoon. 

“Gone” by Charli XCX ft. Christine and the Queens 

The hit UK-born songwriter Charli XCX released “Gone” as one of the lead singles from her self-titled album in 2019. I would recommend adding the entire album to your travel playlist, but this song stands out among the rest. Its futuristic pop sound is as infectious as its lyrics. 

“Physical” by Dua Lipa 

It wouldn’t be a complete travel playlist without a Dua Lipa song. Dua Lipa was discovered across the pond while she was modeling and has since taken the pop world by storm. Her first album spawned singles such as “New Rules” and “IDGAF,” and she has done it again with “Physical,” the second single from her second studio album, Future Nostalgia. With an 80s drum kit and catchy lyrics, there is no reason why this shouldn’t be in your travel playlist. 

“Baby Don’t Talk” by LÉON

After listing some mainstream artists, I thought I would recommend an Indie artist. LÉON, whose music comes from Sweden, has a very distinct voice and would be considered alternative in the world of pop music. She made her first chart appearance in the US with her song “You and I”. She then released “Baby Don’t Talk” as the second single off her self-titled 2019 album. The chorus is going to catch your ear on the first listen and you will definitely be singing it for the rest of the day. 

“Sorry” and “Lonely” by Joel Corry 

Joel Corry, a British DJ, found his way onto the UK music charts with his single “Sorry” in 2019. With “Lonely” as his follow-up single, it doesn’t look like his climb to fame is stopping any time soon. Both songs are meant to be danced to. The first time I heard them, I was in a bad mood and didn’t feel like dancing, but without me noticing, my foot started tapping  and before I knew it, I was dancing around my apartment. One of these songs couldn’t be mentioned without the other because they both belong on your travel playlist.   

“Stupid Love” by Lady GaGa

It wouldn’t be a playlist without Mother Monster. Lady GaGa’s single from her upcoming album, Chromatica, was an instant hit for me. As a loyal Little Monster, this is what I’ve been waiting for. I have no doubt that this song will be worth putting on your playlist after one listen. If you have heard her song “Born This Way” you just might be a fan of this song too. Nonetheless, “Stupid Love” is still playlist worthy. 

This may be a Spring Break playlist for traveling but these songs could be listened to while you’re cleaning, driving, or just hanging with some friends. Either way, these eight songs are worth a listen. Worst case they aren’t your taste, but best case, they become some of your new favorite songs! You won’t know unless you give them a try.

She is a student at Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communications. She is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Digital Audiences. So, you can find her researching the latest trends, following a good hot topics story or jamming out to the latest pop song on Spotify so she knows what's hot and what's not. Her style could be considered androgynous but classy at the same time. Some of her hobbies include graphic design and behind the scenes video production. In her free time, you can find her reading a good book while cuddling with her cat or taking pictures with her camera while walking around the city.