7 Things About Being A Second Semester Senior That Aren’t So Great

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

#1. Freshmen probably think you’re on your 5th year victory lap and feel bad for you when they see you at a house party.

source

I have the urge to yell at them “I’M 22 YEARS OLD, YOU ARE A CHILD!”

#2. Student discounts are very near to ending…so you’ll have to pay full price for everything after all these years of searching for your school I.D. to get two bucks off that movie ticket.

#3. Your teachers don’t believe your excuses anymore…which means I can no longer send a fake panic-stricken email explaining how my car died trying to get to class.

source

(I live across the street from campus)

#4. Freshmen look like pre-teens compared to you.

I once thought a group of high school students were touring the campus during the first week of classes, but then I saw the lanyards hanging from their necks and concluded they are freshman. OR sometimes I see a girl who looks like she had her hair/makeup/everything professionally done that morning and I automatically decide she must be a freshman.

Don’t judge me about wearing my oversized sweatshirt with my hair up in a bun trying to overload on lattes during my fifteen breaks between classes…it’s my survival.

source

Also, freshmen are those people who don’t shut up in the library…always.

#5. There is no more time to plan study abroad or travel.

Those days are long gone and are reserved for what your future employer considers as “vacation days”. All fourteen days…enjoy them.

#6.You long for junior year when you didn’t have to worry about getting a job.

source

I honestly never thought this time would come where I would have to sell myself to someone in order to survive in the real world. Job applications are what make you realize that grades don’t matter, but all of those factors which lead you to good grades in college are what forms you into a great employee: motivation, initiative, and forward-thinking.

#7. You have to prepare for your entire family coming for graduation.

It doesn’t seem like a big deal, until you have to decide a place for a nice family dinner or how the hell you’re supposed to entertain your grandparents for three whole days while constantly panicking about everything that lies ahead.

Senior at ASU! Graduating with a BA in English Literature. 22 years young :)
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.