The 5 Must-See Movies of November!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

The heat of summer is finally beginning to cool off, and for Arizona peeps, the coming of fall is a wondrous occasion. Despite the beautiful weather, there are just some things that shouldn’t be left behind for the summer months. The year-round to-do list begins with movies! There’s nothing quite like sitting in an air-conditioned movie theater with friends around you and a bucket of buttery, salty popcorn in hand. This year, November movie releases are capitalizing on people’s literary love and our appreciation for good cinema. Take a look at the top five most anticipated movie releases of the 2013 season!

Ender’s Game (November 1, 2013) – Ender’s Game is the first book in the world-renown sci-fi series written by Orson Scott Card. It’s a coming-of-age tale unlike any I’ve ever seen before! The series is one of my absolute favorites. It’s action-packed, and it brings to the forefront a lot of questions about morality and why heroes are often people who don’t want to be heroes. It made me think a lot about the expectations that I carry with me everyday, and while it’s nothing compared to what the protagonist faces in the book, I can relate to being thrust into a position where everyone but you thinks you can succeed.

Thor: The Dark World (November 8, 2013) – Okay, who has been living under a rock for the past few years? The beginning of the nerd age truly began when the first Iron Man came out, but the Avengers series only grows more spectacular with each movie! I’ve been crawling all over the walls with anticipation because of this movie. Chris Hemsworth in armor, facial scruff, and sex-hair? You know I’m there! But the best part about the series is that anyone can fall in love with the characters! I’m excited to see where Thor’s journey takes him and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a Jane that doesn’t sit back and let her man do all the butt-kicking!

The Book Thief (November 8, 2013) – One of the more classic pieces that is finally being brought to the silver screen. It’s an incredible story. I read this book when I was young whippersnapper in high school and it gave me more feels than I could ever explain. It’s powerful and engaging and it depicts the importance of education like nothing I’ve ever seen before. It’s not a action-film, but it has an emotionally powerful message and it’s a truly inspiring tale.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (November 22, 2013) – My girl crush on Jennifer Lawrence is infinite, okay? The woman is extraordinary and a complete goof ball, which ironically, are two of the most attractive qualities that I find in a person. I read the entire Hunger Games series in one day (aka it took me seven hours and I forgot to eat lunch and dinner). The story is wonderful. The actors are amazing, and I’ve been waiting for this movie since I saw the first one. My body is ready! But, I’m going to cry like a baby, because Katniss and Peeta and I just—ugh. FEELS. Everyone just go see it, okay? Okay.      

Frozen (November 27, 2013) – Disney may have promised not to release any more princess fairytales, but Frozen promises to be a wonderful experience for all. It’s an animated movie, but with a voice cast like Johnathon Groff, Idina Menzel, and Kristin Bell—it’s got to be a good flick! I’m dying over here by just imagining the soundtrack for this movie. Take a day to rejuvenate your childhood innocence and enthusiasm, and go see the movie! It’s bound to be an adventure on any level!

Stephanie has been a writer at Her Campus ASU for less than one year. She works as an Arts and Entertainment Reporter for the ASU State Press. She wants to be a feature writer for Seventeen Magazine and hopes to earn her M.S in Publishing - Digital and Print Media at the NYU-SCPS school in New York City, NY.
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.