5 Great Ways to Enjoy Beautiful Arizona Spring Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

We are lucky enough to go to school in a place that becomes a vacation destination in March and April because of the beautiful weather the valley offers. It’s easy to get into the habit of spending weekends inside sleeping or binging on Netflix, but this is the time of year to break the cycle, and here are five easy and fun ways to enjoy the beautiful weather outside.

1. The Renaissance Festival

Channel your inner princess and head to the Renaissance Festival, which runs through March 30. Tickets are $22 at the door, but you can save a little money buying them online. At the fair, you can enjoy a jousting show, specialty shops, and fanciful food. Bring your prince charming or your fairy friends and have a blast in the sun before the fair leaves for the year.

2. Chihuly in the Garden at the Desert Botanical Gardens

Glass sculptor Dale Chihuly partnered with the Desert Botanical Garden to create breathtaking art intertwined with nature. the exhibit runs through May 18, but it is best to experience the art before the weather makes walking too sweaty. Student admission to the garden is $12, so make sure to bring your SunCard for some savings. Don’t forget the sunscreen, because even though the temperatures are great, a sunburn can definitely ruin the fun.

3. ASU Baseball

The boys of summer are back, and what better time to enjoy America’s pastime than when the weather is beautiful and the game is free? ASU students with a SunCard get into all games for free, so this is an inexpensive way to have a fun time in the nice weather. 

4. The Phoenix Zoo

The Phoenix Zoo is world-renowned and famous for it’s intricate exhibits, and just a short trip west on the 202 from the Tempe campus. Students with a SunCard get a discount of $3 off per ticket, so bring a friend and enjoy the animals.

5. Laying out by the pool

While the water is a little cold for swimming, it is perfect to lay in the sun and read a book, or just check out the campus cuties at the pool. Best of all, campus plays host to many beautiful pools, so there is no shortage of places to enjoy a resort-like feel without actually going anywhere. Don’t forget your sunscreen, you want to look sunkissed, not like a lobster.

Corina is a current junior at Arizona State University, studying Journalism and Human Communication. She enjoys writing, sports, reading, and spending time with her lionhead rabbit, Dusty.
Her Campus at ASU, is proud to produce content by powerful young women for women.