Style

5 Accessories To Copy Kelsey Simone’s and Olivia Jade’s Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ASU chapter.

Recently, when I’ve been snuggling down into bed ready to watch an hour or so of my favorite Hulu TV show, I’ve been turning now to Youtube. Kelsey Simone and Olivia Jade are my two favorite- they’re Youtubers that make it seem like vlogging or coming up with creative videos is so effortless.

(Kelsey Simone- my Youtube fashion icon). 

I’ve been inspired by their latest fashion trends; anything from vintage, to thrifted, to creating the ultimate ‘cool girl’ chic. One thing I’ve noticed though, is that they love sticking to their accessories. Of course I knew, accessories make or break an outfit, but recently, I’ve been adding a lot more to my outfits to style it up even if it’s super casual. Below are five accessories that not only myself swear by, but also Simone and Jade. Time to break the bank!

(Olivia Jade- my other favorite Youtube, fashion icon!)

1. Paperboy Cap

I love how these came back into fashion! Both Simone and Jade actually bought somewhat expensive ones from a beautiful British brand. However, I clearly do not want to spend a ton of money on a cap! This one from Nasty Gal won’t break the budget and adds a super cute chicness to any outfit! It’s also perfect for the summer to block out the sun and with a tweed print, like this one from Nasty Gal, you can continue to wear it in the fall!

2. Cat- Eye Sunnies

I got mine for $15 off the sidewalk in downtown Phoenix. You can honestly get these wherever though- NYC or LA have a ton of little tables set up along the sidewalk with cheap sunnies! I personally think that they look great on a round face because they add a bit of flare- however, I know a lot of girls that can pull them off that don’t have a round face. I keep them on the tip of my nose to add extra sassiness too. These from Urban Outfitters are a great dupe to the ones I have!

3. Layered Necklaces

Simone and Jade always have their gold chokers around their neck, paired with a bunch of gold layered necklaces on top. I think these from Forever 21 are a great price for the same look the Youtubers wear, (if you’re trying to copy and find a cheaper alternative, of course!) 

4. A Good, Sturdy, Tote

I’m a Madewell Insider and they were having a deal that if any Insider bought anything, the clothes would come in a free tote. It quickly became my favorite tote because it sits so comfortably on my shoulder. Though they are a bit more pricey, they sit perfect on the shoulder and they are so big that you can fit all your necessities in it! This is an absolute need in anyone’s closet!

5. A Statement Belt

Right now, I’ve been loving the double loop belt. You can usually find them at Goodwill in the men’s section, (hint, hint!) A good statement belt with a pair of jeans will dress up any look. Totally worth the investment.

Kathleen Leslie is a freshman at Arizona State University, studying political science and communications. She was born in August, (a typical Leo), in Chicago, Illinois but has since moved all over the world. Though, she considers Australia and Orange County, California, her home. Kathleen is a part of the 'I Am That Girl' club on ASU's campus and in addition, works as a communications aide for ASU. In her free time, she likes to shop, sail and hang out with friends, (hoping it always involves something with food). Kathleen Leslie is also the current campus correspondent for Her Campus ASU.